Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front Suspension Rebuild

Corvette
2017 Arctic White Grand Sport
Just got the car back from having the front end rebuilt.

http://home.attbi.com/~jchadwick/front_suspension.htm

One thing the pictures show, I guess because of the flash, is a lot of what appears to be surface rust. Winter project will be to clean and rustproof what I can of the frame. I wish I had the skills to do a frame off, but as Dirty Harry says "A man has got to know his limitations".

Bob

Bob,

I'm sure your much happier with the handling now.

It sure is easier to keep the top side clean isn't it.:L

Rick

Parts were about $350, including shocks. I didn't need new springs. Labor to install the whole thing was $750.

Other places told me that they thought that was a pretty good price for everything that was done and that the deluxe kit that I got, which included upper and lower balljoints, Outer tie rod ends (I think it also included inner ends as well), idler arm, sway bar end link kit,upper and lower control arm bushings, misc nuts, washers, and bolts for $200 was a pretty good deal. Shocks were about 25 a pop for AC/Delco Reactec (sp), which does not appear to be such a good deal based on some recent posts on various shocks and their prices started by 77-4speed.

It was a lot of money but I was not comfortable doing it. He did it in a couple of days. It would have taken me many weekends trying to balance time between the wife, kid and the car.

Bob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom