Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front Tires

Corvette
'13 427 60th vert - '21 Silver Flare Coupe - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
Well, this is par for the course for me this year.

I need a pair of front tires for my 2006 coupe and, guess what, nobody has the standard Goodyear F1 GS2 tires! Now of the new F1 A/S tires either.

Oh, I can find other tires in the right size but not run-flats and I do not want regular tires. I don't want Supercar tires either. Just a set of F1 GS2s or F1 A/Ss in 245/40/18 and EMT.

Anybody got a set of front tires they want to get rid of that still has miles left in them?

They tire shops can't order what you want?

The tire shops can't order what you want?

My local GoodYear dealer can not find any in his network of GY warehouses or other dealers in the area, TireRack is out of stock also; so, I'm shaking the trees and bushes to see what falls out.

Since I only need fronts, I was hoping to stay with a matched set of tires. If that's not possible, I'll have to try a different tire or go with all four.

I got a set of 4 of the Firestone Wideoval runflats for about $1100 installed at a Firestone place in Phoenix AZ while I was on my road trip. So far I like them. I know they are not as sticky as the supercars that were on my car before but they do have a treadwear rating of 320 vs. the 220 of the supercars.

A discount tire was going to charge $950 for 2 front supercars installed! Yikes!

WARREN TIRE,the local place around here is looking for 850 + tax installed for 2 regular GY runflats,fronts.To much!

TireRack advertises the OEM GY GS2 at $350 each - but they are out of stock. I'm hearing the OEM GY front tires are are just around the corner. I'm going to wait.

I'm not a Firestone fan even when the price is less than $200 dollars per tire. My previous experience with Firstone tires has left me cold and I'm not yet ready to give them another try.

I'm not a Firestone fan even when the price is less than $200 dollars per tire. My previous experience with Firstone tires has left me cold and I'm not yet ready to give them another try. __________________
Victim of that TIRE BLOWUP FIASCO some years back,were you?

Well, this is par for the course for me this year.

I need a pair of front tires for my 2006 coupe and, guess what, nobody has the standard Goodyear F1 GS2 tires! Now of the new F1 A/S tires either.

Oh, I can find other tires in the right size but not run-flats and I do not want regular tires. I don't want Supercar tires either. Just a set of F1 GS2s or F1 A/Ss in 245/40/18 and EMT.

Anybody got a set of front tires they want to get rid of that still has miles left in them?

A couple of weeks ago I had to change the front tires on mine cause they were worn on the inside to the point that the wires were sticking out. The dealer checked the alignment but it was within limits. The dealer requested the old tires cause he wants to talk with GM to see what causes this since another Vette owner two weeks before had the same problem.
Now to answer your question....I too had trouble finding the Goodyear F1 GS-2 tires. I checked with all the Goodyear dealers in my area and was told they were on back order. I checked with TireRack on the web cause you usually can't beat there price and found all there warehouses in the States were on back order for the front tires though oddly enough the back tire was not only available but they were also on sale for a good price $240 ea
I heard so much about the Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval RFT in various other Forums that I decided to give them a try. TireRack price $197 or $394 for both $21.90 s/h no tax Total $415.00 a local place here mounted and balanced both for $30.00 now you cant beat that price.
Since then I have driven over 1k on the new fronts and I can tell you I am really impressed with the smoother ride and less noise from these tires. I have 38k on my rear tires and still a ways to go maybe 45k before I need to change and will do so with the Firestone I am sold on them. Hope this is of some help to you. :pat

Well, Goodyear is shipping GS2's again and my new tires are came in early this week.
None too soon as winter is starting to set in and more rain is coming.

I had to replace 1 front due to a screw on the edge of the tread. The local GY store would not patch it because it was so close to the side wall.

They had one in their warehouse. Tire, mounted, balanced, tire disposal, taxes. . . just about $450 out the door, for 1 tire.

Hecox

I just bought a front set on ebay w/5-6 32nds of tread for 190 shipped.My supercar tires on the front are at 3/32nds after 15,300 miles.Those will get me thru next season,then I'll go get some new stuff,YOKOHAMA's maybe..

I work part time in a local Corvette performance shop and about 70% of the C6s that come in for other work are worn on the inside rib of the front tires. This included my own '05 which was down to the cords before I discovered it. None of the cars were "out of spec". But "spec" includes a tolerance on the "service" setting; and, then a narrower tolerance on the setting when adjustment is required. I've realigned my to a more track-like setting. The wear is evening out and as a bonus the turn in response is greatly improved.

As for tires, my next set will be Goodrich T/A KDW-2s. A friend is running these on his C6 track car and complains he cannot wear them out!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom