Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Frost King

dsharp

Corvette
1980 Red Coupe
I am putting new carpet in a 80 Corvette, I have read several threads about using reflectix for heat insulation and was wondering if anyone had tried using duct insulation instead? I was thinking about using the frost king (sold at Lowe's for about $15) it is sticky in one side and foil backed on the other side, seems like it may do better for sound but still be ok for heat, any comments or concerns?

:lou

I'd like to hear this one too!! I keep looking at that stuff and thinking how much cheaper it is than Dynamat.

Well guys your in luck. Just finished a interior overhaul and I used the frost king duct insulation. It,s very easy to work with, molds to all the odd contours. I covered every inch of the inside and took about 5 rolls at $15 each. It seems to cut down the floorboard heat from the headers. I must admit it didnt help much for rear tire noise. The product is only about 1/4 inch thick. I might take the rear carpet out and put another layer down. Maybe I just have noisy tires.

Well guys your in luck. Just finished a interior overhaul and I used the frost king duct insulation. It,s very easy to work with, molds to all the odd contours. I covered every inch of the inside and took about 5 rolls at $15 each. It seems to cut down the floorboard heat from the headers. I must admit it didnt help much for rear tire noise. The product is only about 1/4 inch thick. I might take the rear carpet out and put another layer down. Maybe I just have noisy tires.
OR really good hearing.......:boogie ;LOL :rotfl

OR really good hearing.......:boogie ;LOL :rotfl

I don't have that problem- 20+ years of working around jet engines WITH hearing protection and I've still lost some.
:beer

I don't have that problem- 20+ years of working around jet engines WITH hearing protection and I've still lost some.
:beer
Ahhh, you must of been in the Good Ole' USAF on the Flightline for a while, huh? Me to. But still have my hearing ...... I think ......

Huh? ;LOL

I don't think you're going to get much acoustic dampening using a thermal insulation.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom