Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Frozen C5

It's minus 20 here today.... and she's toasty warm inside:) ....can't wait for spring.

I just checked in on mine, still hiding under cover in the garage. Well, I think that's my car under there, all I see is the bottom part of the tires. ;)

My black Saturn almost looks silver from all of the salt, that is enough to keep me satisfied with my decision to keep my Corvette off the road. I was going to stop at a car wash on my way home from breakfast, but it was only 3 degrees, so figured I'd better not freeze myself in.

It hit about 80 in Central Florida today, I drove my '99 A4 Pewter coupe to work on a dry road with XM 46 on. Not that I want all you guys to head this way! Wait until the spring thaw... then come visit.

And you definitely don't want to caught in a situation like this.
Remo:cool

CorvetteSkiClubIII.jpg
Active handleing OFF/ Traction control OFF!!!!!:D

It's 12 out here in Southeastern MA. No snow or ice on the roads and I will have mine out today and tomorrow. :upthumbs

I love global warming....;LOL

I'm delighted to report that after seven consecutive weekends of nothing but snow, we got a bit a repreive this week. I actually got to get my Z06 out of the garage and have a little fun! Of course, now that we're getting teased with Spring, the melting has begun (yuck! You can't drive without getting splashed with muck-filled run-off on the road.)

Still, having my Corvette a little dirty is a small price to pay for finally getting weather that lets me drive it.

-Patrick

What a great day for a ride here in Southeastern Massachusetts. The temp's hovering near 30 degrees but the sky is a brilliant blue and the sun's shinning. :v

I just got back after an hour's ride to essentially nowhere. While on my journey I saw another C5 and a shinny C4, got the wave from both :w. I even had some folks wave as they were walking as I drove by, a splendid day indeed. :beer

Dear Abby:

Here in New Jersey we have government and in their infinite wisdom, they are not allowed (read don't), carry money from one fiscal period to another.

So!

With no snow, they have been salting the roads at the slightest frost just to get rid of the stuff and pay the "private contractors" who do most of the salting and plowing "their due".

And

Our roads are covered with a white powder ..... and it sure ain't f'in snow!

But,

Last week I fired up the "5", just to get a loaf of bread and keep the battery up as I have been doing like once a week. Did "the drill" cause I know I have a slow leak in one tire and added air.

Then ...

The damned thing starts flashing ..... Rear 21 L ..... 28 R and Front ... 22 R .... 18 L and then the check engine light comes on.

Checked when I got home for low fluids and nothing appears wrong ..... so ... back on with the cover and when it hits 40 degrees, I'll deal with it.

Signed,

Bewildered ;squint:

Had to take ours out on Monday. Husband's truck wouldn't start. He drove my HHR to work and I took the Vette. I only work 10 miles from home and he has to drive 35 miles on the tollway. Insurance was off so had to call the agent and get insurance for one day. As soon as it warms up (if that ever happens) will be cleaning the underside. Really did not want it out with the salt on the roads but had to get to work. Truck's running again. Thank goodness it was fixed Monday night as we had snow on Tuesday. I am lucky that I work at a dealership so I could park the Vette inside all day Monday. Today it's 8 outside. I really don't find it fun driving when it's cold outside. Like to have the windows open and radio blasting.

Donna

Oh' the Humanity!

Still, having my Corvette a little dirty is a small price to pay for finally getting weather that lets me drive it.

-Patrick

"Unacceptable"

QuicksilverFrontjpg.jpg

Much as I'd love to drive my C5, and it is up to a balmy 19F today, the roads are so full of crud..no way. Sigh...where is Spring??! DFO ;shrug

"Unacceptable"

QuicksilverFrontjpg.jpg

Remo
Your winter meds seem to have worked fairly well this year. There were no "what kind of oil filters to use" or "which is better, Millennium Yellow or Quicksilver". But I am beginning to see that you may need to increase the dose for the remaining time before spring arrives.
Jim :eek:hnoes:chuckle

It's 10 degrees right now and I will have my c-5 on the road by noon. Roads are clear and dry but any salt underneath will be taken off by a new laser car wash later in the week. I really enjoy hearing my new Corsa Pace Car system

Pardon my ignorance, but what in the world is a "laser" car wash ???

Pardon my ignorance, but what in the world is a "laser" car wash ???

I think the "laser" is more of a marketing term, a way to make it sound higher tech than it really is.

A "laser" car wash is one in which there are no brushes or rollers. A moving element within the carwash bay goes around your car and using various sensors (this is where the "laser" reference has some plausibility), is able to determine the height of your car and lenght of your car, and more accurately aim soap, that colorful foamy polish, water, water with wax, water under a lower pressure (spotless), and the dryer to fit the dimensions for your car.

Although I don't use this for the Z06, I use it all the time for my daily driver and it works reasonably well.

:w
-Patrick

I think the "laser" is more of a marketing term, a way to make it sound higher tech than it really is.

A "laser" car wash is one in which there are no brushes or rollers. A moving element within the carwash bay goes around your car and using various sensors (this is where the "laser" reference has some plausibility), is able to determine the height of your car and lenght of your car, and more accurately aim soap, that colorful foamy polish, water, water with wax, water under a lower pressure (spotless), and the dryer to fit the dimensions for your car.

Although I don't use this for the Z06, I use it all the time for my daily driver and it works reasonably well.

:w
-Patrick

Thanks Pat. Now, I can't wait for the laser hair shampoo'er to come out. :)

In any event, my vette and viper are staying in the garage till the spring 'hath sprung-eth. Unlike others more daring, I am too cautios to drive upper level driving machines in the snow. My 4x4 truck handles the 'muck better and is more fun drive at this time anyway. The salt is easier to spray off since the truck sits higher too even without any focused beams of light energy.

...Now, I can't wait for the laser hair shampoo'er to come out. :)

Tell ya what, BoeingMan: not being one of those who finds it necessary to run right out and buy the newest technology the moment it becomes available, I'll let you go and buy the Laser 2100 Automatic Hair and Body Wash module when they bring it to market. Then you can give us your review of whether it misses any spots in the soap and rinse cycles.
:L

In any event, my vette and viper are staying in the garage till the spring 'hath sprung-eth. Unlike others more daring, I am too cautios to drive upper level driving machines in the snow. My 4x4 truck handles the 'muck better and is more fun drive at this time anyway. The salt is easier to spray off since the truck sits higher too even without any focused beams of light energy.

I hear you, BoeingMan. It kills me to go so long without driving my Z06, but this winter has dropped far more snow and cold on us than we've seen in at least 20 years. And even though we had a bit of break this week, the melting has created potholes in the roads around here capable of swallowing a lot of cars. :ugh

-Patrick

I hear you, BoeingMan. It kills me to go so long without driving my Z06, but this winter has dropped far more snow and cold on us than we've seen in at least 20 years. And even though we had a bit of break this week, the melting has created potholes in the roads around here capable of swallowing a lot of cars. :ugh

-Patrick

Patrick,
I'm begging you - don't drive it in the melting muck - be strong and resist the temptation my son.

QuicksilverFrontjpg.jpg

What are you "Winter Wimps" thinking ??? Get out and drive your cars, life is too short and most of us are on the verge of croaking anyway. Get out an enjoy life. What are you saving the car for.....for someone else???.... or to be buried in it ??? Whats the worst that could happen.....maybe you might have to buy another Vette....well whippy-do !!!!!

What a hoot I was out in my Vette yesterday and it was -5 degrees:chuckle

What are you "Winter Wimps" thinking ??? Get out and drive your cars, life is too short and most of us are on the verge of croaking anyway. Get out an enjoy life. What are you saving the car for.....for someone else???.... or to be buried in it ??? Whats the worst that could happen.....maybe you might have to buy another Vette....well whippy-do !!!!!

What a hoot I was out in my Vette yesterday and it was -5 degrees:chuckle
If my vette was my only car, I'd drive it. But since I have 2 other cars, no point "assalting" it. :D If it was only -5, I'd drive my car, but with the insane amount of salt that Ohio drops on the road, I have no desire to expose my car to that.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom