Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FS...Complete 327 Running Motor With Dual Quads

Viet Nam Vett

Corvette
65 BB 502 Cp /MSD ATOMIC EFI/ 2009-HUMMER H2
As some of you know I am droping a BB 502 in my 65 Cp. The SB 327 Motor from the 65 was pulled on 12/22/04 and is now sitting on an engine stand at the Restro shop. It will be coming back to my house next week.

Anyway..here is a discription of the motor. This is a Towanda 327CC Motor. I dont have the Pad # at this time but will post it later with the Block Casting Number.

About 4 Years ago I pulled the motor and had the following done. After doing a compression test..each cyl was around 155 to 160 lbs. At that point I decided not to remove the heads or do a valve job or do any cyl internal work as far as rings etc.

So the following things were done.....New Daul Timing Chain....New Mallory Polished Alum Timing Chain Cover.....New Z-79 Cam..(327-350HP) ....new cam drive gear....New Cam barings...New lifters....New Push Rods..New Valve Springs..New Crane FULL ROLLER ROCKER ARMS
....New Edelbrock Dual 500CF Carbs ..New Edelbrock Dual Quad Intake Manifold. New Edelbrock Air Cleaner and Valve covers.....................
MSD ..Electronic Tach Drive Distb
New Stewart Stage II Hi-Flow Chrome Water Pump

The Motor is being sold with all the ignition shielding as well as the exchaust manifolds and Flywheel and the MSD Distb. All you'll need is the MSD 6Al Box and an Ignition Coil to fire the distb. There is only one small problem..the dip stick tube is broken off and needs to be replaced.

This Motor Runs Great and does not smoke It's a solid thumping SB .
I have all receipts from the motor guy showing this work as well as receipts for the parts.

I will also post a link so you can see this motor running in the car before it was yanked It will show the oil pressure cold and hot. This video was shot about 6 weeks ago.

I will be adding info on this motor from time to time so check back on this post. The Motor is located in Egg Harbor Township New Jersey Zip Code 08234.. Buyer to make all arragments for shipping. You can Reach me at Home after (9:pM M-F) At 609 926 2206... Or at work between 12PM and 8PM M-F ...At.... 609 340 7497

Or email me at...... buzz65@earthlink.net

Motor Shown In Lower Pictures

Here's the Numbers... I just put up a post about them...So maybe you can figure it out..
Block Casting Number.....3858180
PAD # Pass Side Cyl Head.....TII02HC
Driver Side Cyl Head Casting Number....8782461 followed by J2964

Asking Price For the Motor...$2000.00 Buyer to make all arrangements and packing for shipment..

Thanks For Looking.. :thumbs:

I made this video on my Sony Still camera in the movie mode. I had some trouble with the auto focus do to the light refractions off the gauge glass. I did get it to focus near the end.
I had to compress the video as it was 71 mega bytes. The image quailty is not that good but I think it will serve the purpose.
This is a very large file ..over 10 megs..It should load in about 30-40 seconds if you have High speed connection. Dial up guys ...go out for a sandwhich.
Please excuse the glitches and out of focus stuff..it does clear up at the end.

http://www.proaudiorepserv.com/vetwarm2.mpg Compressed
Motor At Temp
http://www.proaudiorepserv.com/vetcold.mpeg 20 Meg File
Better image Quality "Cold Motor"
http://www.proaudiorepserv.com/vetwlk.mpeg 26 Meg File
Walk Around with Warm Motor Showing Exchaust

65mrs.jpg

65mls.jpg

info on 3858180

This engine was made at the Tonawanda, NY engine plant that normally built only big block 396 and 427 engines.

Per Al Colvin, the block was used in passanger, Chevelle and Corvette applications. It had significantly thinner walls and larger water jacket.

The labor strike at GM plants caused a shortage of 3782870 Flints engines, so this block was substituted.

I find no "HC' code, but 'HG' was for 1965 fuel infected 375hp motors. Could you recheck? It may be a 'real' fuel motor. What is the casting date? The J294 heads relate to October 29,64.......T1102HC (HG) for Nov 2 assembly date. Chances are the engine came as a 'service' unit......especially if no vin number is on the pad. That would make it originally a 365/375hp solid lifter 11:00 to 1 long block when new. A 65 Corvette fuel injected owner with a vin around #2300 may be very interested in the engine, especially if his origial motor is gone.
Please recheck the numbers and privately email a good pad picture and cast date picture, and cast number picture. I have a complete 65 Fuel Injection survay for 65 Corvettes since 1974......and maybe I can find a good home for your engine.
Jim

vettefinderjim said:
This engine was made at the Tonawanda, NY engine plant that normally built only big block 396 and 427 engines.

Per Al Colvin, the block was used in passanger, Chevelle and Corvette applications. It had significantly thinner walls and larger water jacket.

The labor strike at GM plants caused a shortage of 3782870 Flints engines, so this block was substituted.

I find no "HC' code, but 'HG' was for 1965 fuel infected 375hp motors. Could you recheck? It may be a 'real' fuel motor. What is the casting date? The J294 heads relate to October 29,64.......T1102HC (HG) for Nov 2 assembly date. Chances are the engine came as a 'service' unit......especially if no vin number is on the pad. That would make it originally a 365/375hp solid lifter 11:00 to 1 long block when new. A 65 Corvette fuel injected owner with a vin around #2300 may be very interested in the engine, especially if his origial motor is gone.
Please recheck the numbers and privately email a good pad picture and cast date picture, and cast number picture. I have a complete 65 Fuel Injection survay for 65 Corvettes since 1974......and maybe I can find a good home for your engine.
Jim

Heh Jim,
It is definitly an "HC" ...and the motor sold on ebay....Thanks anyway..:beer

:beer
Motor is Sold ...Thanks......

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom