Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FS: L88 hood w/ push-button flush "hood pins"

Corvette
1970 LT-1 Resto-Mod, 1977 L48 (parting out)
  • '68-'72 short style L-88 replica hood.
  • Silver paint in excellent condition, I have not noticed any flaws but I leave that to you to judge. I think it is the factory 1970 silver color.
  • Billet latches in the hood and black powdercoated pin brackets that bolt into the stock hood catch location are included. Should be a simple bolt-in to the stock location.
  • Hinges NOT included but should bolt up to your factory hinges.
  • See pictures below, gaps are acceptable I think but not super-tight. On the plus side you shouldn't have to do any grinding to fit it.

I love the hood and am reluctant to sell it but I really want to put the original LT-1 hood back on. I did not create this setup but it appears to me to be a direct swap.

Located in central Long Island, NY, would prefer not to ship but I'm open to your ideas. I think it'll fit in the back of my other car in which case I can drive it a few hours or meet you somewhere as long as I am compensated for my mileage. (The cash equivalent of a nice craft beer or local wine is an acceptable form of mileage compensation but the balance will need to be in $$$!)

Asking $650 OBO

Mostly need the cash but acceptable (partial?) trades that maybe considered:

• QA-1 double adjustable rear shocks or equivalent
  • Dual-mount rear composite spring
  • Tall cast matte-finish aluminum or welded aluminum SBC valve covers
  • Stock-type shifter handle for a Keisler TKO-600
  • A good set of ~285-rear and 255-front tires (street or road course) for 17" rims.

Would like to sell it quick and will have it for sale at a Corvette show this weekend so jump on it! I can be reached at 704-699-6050 as I won't be back online until Monday.

HPIM3901.jpg

HoodClosure.jpg

HPIM4292.jpg

HPIM4290.jpg

HPIM4288.jpg

HPIM4287.jpg

HPIM4286.jpg

HPIM4284.jpg

HPIM4298.jpg

IMNSHO, this is a better way to see an engine than a ZR-1 Plexiglas panel in the hood ;)

Recently discovered that the latches are by Quik-Latch here: Quik Latch Distribution Home Page

Where this install is now featured: Low Profile Quik Latch Install on Corvette

Quick Latch

Did you have a template to where you drilled holes for the latch feed,
I'm thinking of using the latches on my 69?

thx
GARY

Did you have a template to where you drilled holes for the latch feed,
I'm thinking of using the latches on my 69?

thx
GARY

Hi, afraid not, the previous owner did the install. It looked like he custom made the brackets that replaced the factory ones as well so your location will depend on that.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom