Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuel injectors

abbezr1

Corvette
red\black int 1990 zr1 # 946
I was wondering if there was a way to inpect the fuel injectors without pulling the plenum. I just want to find out if they are the orginals or they have been replaced? I know the plenum has been off for a new starter and a plenum spacer. The wires look original and so do the plugs. Previous owner said that the dealership that he purchased the car from did a full tune up and replaced to the newer style injectors. I want to do my first plenum pull but I want to get everything I need at one time and the injectors are the biggest cost. If they are orginals I want to replace them even though the car runs fine. I really dont believe that the car has had a tune up everything looks original to me. Thanks for any insight.

Injectors

Having pulled the plenum twice; once for replacement of spark plug wires and again for injector replacement, I would recommend this; if everything is working satisfactorally, leave it alone. There is really nothing (or very little) to be gained from replacing something that is still working. There are several excellent postings on this thread that explain in detail how to negotiate pulling and re-installing the plenum. I urge you to review them before you start any work.

You will need injectors,Ive got Accels,cost about $600 for the set depending on where you find them.Gaskets which can be found at Jerrys Gaskets.The 3 inch long Torq bit for the plenum bolts..Depending on mileage you might want to replace the plug wires.Marc Haibeck has a DVD for the plenum pull,the most important part of this DVD is the systems checks.You can actually power up the system and check all of the secondary hardware to see how it is working.Jerry also has any of the O rings you might need.One of the most important tools,A CAMERA!Take lots of pictures for reference.Any info you could possibly need can be found at ZR-1.NET.You have a question somebody over there will have an answer..................DIG IN!
IMG_0058.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0023-2.jpg
[/IMG]

fuel injectors

Thanks guys, sorry it took so long to get back with you all. I think after doing some research I will use everyones advice you gave me. I'm going to wait until winter to do the plenum pull. Your right the car runs good and I dont get it out enough so I dont want to tie it up in the garage anymore than I have to. I think the fic injectors maybe the way to go, I have heard nothing but good things about Jon. I have already purchased from Jerry and I don't believe I have ever received that fast of service and had a hand wrote thankyou note on my receipt. I think I will purchase the dvd from Mark. I'm 3 hours from his shop and I would like to take the z there this spring for a chip and tune and to try to clear a few codes I cant seem to figure out. Thankyou all for your responses.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom