Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

fuel lines

rowingone

Corvette
1964 conv
I am replacing my bubba rubber fuel lines from pump to carb but was curious whether I should replace the rubber line from the hard fuel line on the frame to the pump . . seems that if I am going to eliminate the rubber I should put something else here as well? Also what diameter is that little rubber line?

I am sure you have heard " while your at it" before.

But you mine as well replace the soft rubber line from steel line in the frame to the fuel pump, Cant be more then 10" long and I think its 3/8" ID also there is a short peice in the rear you should do at the same time

The line from the frame to the engine is rubber to allow for engine movement. A hard line would crack in time although if you coiled it a couple of loops it would probably absorb the movement. Since this isn't a pressure line (unless you have a rear mounted electric fuel pump) it isn't as big of a deal as long as it's in good condition. I'm thinking about a braided line for this piece on my truck. Since I have to shorten the frame line to make it work with the Edelbrock mechanical fuel pump I think I'll just put on the fittings and do it right.

Tom

Yes I figured that maybe engiine movement could be as issue . . and no pressure on that side . . . braided line might be the right compromise . . thanks!

I am replacing my bubba rubber fuel lines from pump to carb but was curious whether I should replace the rubber line from the hard fuel line on the frame to the pump . . seems that if I am going to eliminate the rubber I should put something else here as well? Also what diameter is that little rubber line?

That rubber line is no problem - it isn't under pressure - it's under vacuum; just make sure it's the proper fuel hose. All Corvette main fuel lines from mid-'56 up were 3/8".

Photo below is my Grand Sport - it was under pressure in that application (electric fuel pump at the fuel cell), so I ran braided hose and AN fittings from the line on the frame to the carb. :)

GSengaccy2.jpg

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom