Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuel Pump: Need Corvette Fever Article ASAP

• Thread starter Thread starter vabeach56wagon
  • Start date Start date
V

vabeach56wagon

If anyone can either e-mail or fax me a copy of the September Corvette Fever article on the Suburban fuel pump into the ZR-1's, I would be forever grateful...car is sitting in Chevy dealership until such time as the service manager can make a determination as to the validity of the switch from an $1100 part to a $72 part....

Thank you very much:

fax: 757-548-6668

psfuqu@aol.com

Ok, I sanned them, but of course they aren't worth a damn--you can't read them although I tried manipulating the images to no avail.

I'll send them to you as e-mail, but have you tried their (CF's) source of back issues for a copy? What info do you need?

The info. was on the zr1.net also with part #'s

7/13/02 - If one of your ZR-1 fuel pumps goes bad, instead of paying ~$1400 for a new GM fuel assembly unit you can replace the bad fuel pump with a suburban fuel pump part #25163473 for around $72.

I'm gonna give up on the e-mail thing. It doesn't seem to be getting anywhere do to the size probably. Oh well, as I stated, you couldn't read them anyway.

The part number information is
  • GM PN 25163473
    --OR--
  • EP381
    Both numbers are on the box.

Application: 1996 Suburban with 454 engine

Hope that helps you.

_ken :w

Oh, I just got an error message from your server stating my files exceeded the maximum you've allowed. No matter. :L

Yeah, at the very bottom left-hand side of the cover is a blurb. The article begins on page 54. ;)

Fax on its way.....

Wegone said:
Fax on its way.....

Thanks Wegone....I can't find my copy here.

-Rob

I can't find mine either, thats why I was asking what car was on the cover

90 Corvette ZR-1 said:
I can't find mine either, thats why I was asking what car was on the cover

I guess I gotta open my eyes some more; I only read "was it on the cover". Sorry. :o

Glad I was able to return some help I have sure gotten enough from others here :cool

Thanks for the help

Thank you for coming to my aid...will report on dealer's response.

Another alternative fuel pump for ZR-1s is the Borg-Warner PN P36.

There have been threads from time to time on the ZR1 Net mail list about commonly-available electric fuel pumps that can substitute for the GM pumps used in a ZR1. ZR1Net members can search the mail list archives for those threds

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom