Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuel pump

Whiteshadow89158

Corvette
1981 dark purple coupe
Hey everyone, I bought a fuel pump from zip and I'm having trouble connecting the carb line. The square port is facing towards the drivers side door, it seems like it should be pointing towards the drivers side headlight in order to work. I saw on their website that they sell a 90 degree attachment for the port and it looks like it should solve my problem but I'm curious to know if anyone else had this problem. The pump is the same one they display on their website so I'm assuming its the correct pump.

Thanks, white

If I remember correctly I also have the 90 degree thing (was already on the car when I bought it).

Greetings Peter

My year may differ but I had the same issue with an Edelbrock pump, i used a 90 degree brass fitting from the hardware and it works great.

A dab of light grease will keep the pin in your block when you go to put it back together.

Chas:w

Hey everyone, I bought a fuel pump from zip and I'm having trouble connecting the carb line. The square port is facing towards the drivers side door, it seems like it should be pointing towards the drivers side headlight in order to work.
That's the correct exit location for the pump. If you have a stock fuel line, the line will have a smooth loop in it to curve it out of the pump and up alongside the block. This routing keeps the fuel line away from the lower radiator hose. You might want to order the correct reproduction fuel line so you can obtain the proper routing and geometry.
Lars

Cool thanks guys.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom