Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuel Regulator

fredk

Corvette
1993 White
Just received my adj. fuel pressure regulator. Got the Haynes out and they said the LT1 requires a special fuel line quick disconnect tool. Has anyone done this job without the tool.

Thanks, Fred

You should be able to pick one up at a local auto parts place for a couple of dollars.

I guess you could do it without but it would be easier with the removal tool. Less chance of messing something up that way.

:w

I changed out my fuel pressure regulator years ago (1994) and I can't remember using any special tools. I must have did it wrong! ;)

Thanks man, thats what I wanted to hear. By the way do you have any before and after LT4 times.

Tuna said:
I changed out my fuel pressure regulator years ago (1994) and I can't remember using any special tools. I must have did it wrong! ;)

Same thing here.

OK never mind ... I stand corrected.

Should have known .... never really worked on a LT1.

:w

fredk said:
Thanks man, thats what I wanted to hear. By the way do you have any before and after LT4 times.

Never did a timed 1/4 mile either way. I did dyno it afterward though - didn't before but I've seen lots of stock LT1 dyno sheets and figure my before value to have been in the 250-260 at the rear wheels. After is 330 at the rear wheels. Feels good too.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom