Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuel Sender Diagnosis

Corvette
1986 "Bright Red" Coupe
I just started driving my 86' after the long winter storage. Just before I put it away last November it had a full tank of gas and I added Sta-Bil. I started it a few times during the winter and kept the battery charged up. I just recently filled the tank up again after storage, the fuel gage read 1/2 tank, but when I filled it up it took almost 14 gallons! Is it possible that the float is stuck or maybe the sender needs to be replaced. This is an axpensive item so I'm looking for a way to verify the function of the fuel level sender.

I just started driving my 86' after the long winter storage. Just before I put it away last November it had a full tank of gas and I added Sta-Bil. I started it a few times during the winter and kept the battery charged up. I just recently filled the tank up again after storage, the fuel gage read 1/2 tank, but when I filled it up it took almost 14 gallons! Is it possible that the float is stuck or maybe the sender needs to be replaced. This is an axpensive item so I'm looking for a way to verify the function of the fuel level sender.
Dump a 20 gallon size bottle of Chevron Techron Plus in it,Good chance it will fix you right up in a day or two!:thumb:thumb:thumb

So you think it could just be stuck? I'll try the Techron and let you know what happens.

So you think it could just be stuck? I'll try the Techron and let you know what happens.

Probably just sulfer build up on the sending unit, which 20 oz of Techron Super Concentrate should fix, try two full tank (full to empty) fulls if one doesn't do it.

Probably just sulfer build up on the sending unit, which 20 oz of Techron Super Concentrate should fix, try two full tank (full to empty) fulls if one doesn't do it.
I'll second that!!:thumb
Plus,fuel seems to have allot of moisture content now days too,and that don't help much either!!:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom