Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

fuel tank sending unit

Does anyone know of a source for a fuel tank sending unit for a 1998 C-5? Thanks

I got both of mine from AC Delco, either on Amazon or Ebay, I cant remember which one.

I have looked on both but can't find any less than $300. There are several listed on the site for much less but does not signify what models they work on. Any more specific info is appreciated. Thanks.

I have looked on both but can't find any less than $300. There are several listed on the site for much less but does not signify what models they work on. Any more specific info is appreciated. Thanks.

I would only use AC Delco, aftermarket are usually universal fit and don't work well. I would also do the fuel pump on the left tank while you are in there

Considering the labor required to pull those tanks, don't cheap-out on parts. Like "LLC5" says, use ACD senders and pumps. Unfortunately, reliable and durable senders and pumps aren't cheap.

Get them from CAC sponsor, Zip Products

Thanks for the information guys. From my information the sending unit is in the passenger side tank. I finally found a new AC/Delco sending unit for $75 at Rock Auto.com, The car has sat much of its life with only 16,000 miles (1998)l causing the sending unit to act up. Because of the low mileage, I don't plan on replacing the fuel pump.

Does anyone know of a good video on how to replace the sending on this C-5? I have found some decent written instructions but would like to see a good video as well. Looks like something I am capable of doing myself. Thanks.

If you are getting low fuel and gas gauge going to zero use some Techron or Seafoam and fill up the tank with Gulf or Chevron 93 octane gas. Sulfur deposits on sending units in both tanks cause the gauges going to zero. Several tanks of treated gas may be needed to get the gauges going.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom