Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fueling

jnj

Corvette
2006 Machine Silver Coupe
Guys,
Does anyone have any issues with adding gas to your cars?
I've tried several stations and different brands. After 4 or so gallons, the pump clicks off. Then I must hold the nozzle up (facing down the tube).
Just removing the nozzle and restarting only works for a few seconds. Strange huh?

Nope.

I almost always use the "slowest" fuel flow latch on the nozzle when fueling however - assuming the nozzle has the feature. If trying to hand fuel at max rate of the pump, I sometimes get it to stop sooner rather than later.

At work, I fuel many different cars all day long. I have noticed this same thing on a lot of the newer cars. A slow steady fill seems to work best. I haven't had this happen with the Corvettes, however.

I think it's a California issue. It started when they required the gas stations to use a new type of nozzle about a year or so ago. I think the angle of the filler on the Corvette doesn't match up with the specs on the nozzle to keep it flowing unless you lift it up and hold it.

I have owned several Vettes over the years and never had the problem.

This is my third C6 (all 2008s) and I have not had this issue with any of them.:thumb

Guys,
Does anyone have any issues with adding gas to your cars?
I've tried several stations and different brands. After 4 or so gallons, the pump clicks off. Then I must hold the nozzle up (facing down the tube).
Just removing the nozzle and restarting only works for a few seconds. Strange huh?

Hi there,

You may have a problem with the evaporative vent solenoid. Maybe a spider built a nest in it or its just sticky.

See, when you are filling up, the fuel seals the filler neck and all vapor is forced into the canister. The vent solenoid is OPEN when the vehicle is turned OFF so that excess pressure is vented to the canister.

My guess is you may have an issue there.

Allthebest, Paul

Paul is right,try running a piece of wire down the vent tube to clear out anything.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom