Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuse panel or ignition switch removal?

MaineShark

Corvette
1979 L82, 1987 Buick Grand National
I'm close to finishing the wiring for my fans, and I need to access the IGN3 wire, which runs directly from the ignition switch to the fuse panel.

I've tried removing the fuse panel to get at the back where the wire is, but so far had no luck. I removed two screws that were holding it in, but it seems that there is something else still retaining it - either another screw, or all the wiring, or something...

The other place I could get at this wire is the ignition switch. How hard will it be to drop the steering column far enough to get access? And, what sort of connector can I expect at the switch? Spades, rings, or something proprietary?

There also appear to be some connectors in the harness that comes down from the column, under the dash. But they aren't shown in my wiring diagram, so I have no idea which one would be the ignition switch, or which of the wires would be the IGN3 wire. If anyone knows which connector it is that goes to the ignition switch, that would help me try and sort it out by wire color and gauge.

Thanks for any help,
Joe

I.m still looking to Joe that conector on my 75 that I thought was the ing. turned out to be just the blinkers so on this harrness mounted on the right side of the columm I wish I would of just discontected it first before I spend two hours playing around and cut a couple wires ,I can't even see were the ing. wires comes down from ...when you fiqure it out please let me knoe what wire it is. My next step is to order a build manual my chiltons & hanes were no help....

Back to the top...

Joe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom