Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FYI starting issue.

gbik

Corvette
1998 silver coupe
I had a problem today. I started my vette this morning drove to town ( approx. 13 miles) Stopped at cafe for coffee for couple hours. When I tried to start the engine it wouldn't crank at all. The auto unlocked worked when I approached and seat moved to position when key was inserted. volt guage read 13 volts. Everthing seemed normal until I tried to energize the starter then all dash lights went out and volts dropped to less than 8. I figured the battery had died. had car jumped with battery cables same conditions. I had the car pulled a little ways and let clutch out engine started right up. I took the car lifted it on hoist I thought there must be a bad ground. The main ground cable onto the engine block was clean and tight. I checked the pos. cable on the starter solenoid. The nut was just snug and cables were showing poor connection. I cleaned the connection surfaces with emery cloth put it back together and engine cranked and started. Just a note that some checking saved me from replacing the battery and/or starter. hope this helps somebody thanks Jay

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom