Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Gap Between Window and T-Top

Stingray74CC

Corvette
Black Cherry 1969 Stingray
Happy New Year to All,

I just took delivery of my 69 today (Man is she goodlooking and the sound--WOW!!!) and noticed a slight gap between the rolled-up window and the t-tops on both sides. I talked to the seller and he said that he's adjusted it four times and that's the best he could get it to fit. How difficult is it to adjust the windows so they fit properly (roll up all the way) into the T-Tops? How would I go about doing this?

Thanks,

Adjusting the windows to the weather strip is a fairly simple procedure. If the windows appear to fit well except that they don't go up far enough, two things come to mind that may need attention. First off, there are two adjustable stops in the window tracks, one on the front track, one on the rear track. These can be loosened and adjusted to allow the window to travel up further. The second thing that comes to mind is that these same window tracks can be adjusted front to back. Since the front weather strip is angled, the farther towards the back the window is adjusted, the farther up it will go.

The best thing to do is to get a AIM for your year Vette. It gives specific procedures for adjusting the glass to the opening.

Good luck,

Ron

Also, make sure that the window stripping on the t-top is in good condition...it might need replacing if its been torn away and the grove for the window is missing. Adjusting the window may take some time so be patient.

Thanks

I just purchased the AIM and service manual for my car. Hopefully they'll be able to point me in the right direction as far as getting those windows adjusted and anything else that I run across.

Happy New Year!

I adjusted mine and it's easy. I think I looked at a Haynes book and it showed all the photos on how to do it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom