Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

garage door openers, whats best

supernatural400

Corvette
1993 SuperNatural 400 #5 /99 LS1 Z28 N2O equipped
I need to update my three garage door openers. I have 3 Genie ones, one with intellicode and two without. Whats the best out there on the market for a decent price. I see chain, belt,screw 1/2hp, 3/4hp don't want to buy overkill. I looking for quiet operation over speed..any suggestions at what to look at. Genie, Craftsman ??? and it has to have intellicode as I think all openers now have them

I think that the screwdrive is probably the most durable and quietest opener on the market. That being said, I had one on my last house with only 7' door and it was noiser than the one that I have now. I have all 8' high doors and had to go to a commercial screwdrive from WW Grangier, and it has a one-piece screw in it while the home center ones have a 2 piece screw to make for a smaller package. I think that the joint, by it's very nature, makes for a noiser operation. I would think that a 1/2 hp drive should be the smallest you should consider.
Wayne Dalton doors have a new opener that mounts on the torsion tube and turns the tube directly. It takes up no room in the overhead and really makes for a clean ceiling. If my opener ever fails, I will have to think seriously about one of these units!
Regards, John McGraw

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom