Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Garage Interior

P

Piet

What has you guys used for interior finish on your garage walls.
I am looking at drywall... but I am concerned that the bottom will get wet.
(if I ever plan on using a pressure washer)

My interior garage walls are 9.5 feet... any suggestions?

Drywall it. Then apply some sheetmetal or arborite, etc. about 18" high (or however high you figure you might splash) all around the walls to protect it from water.

I did my walls in pegboard. That allows me to hang tools, gardening things, etc. all over and keeps things nicely organized.

Radar :)

sheetrocked mine taped and textured then painted the walls. Havnt had any water problems yet but I dont use a pressure washer inside either. Always thought that smooth fiberglass type paneling they use in milk houses would be the cats meow if I did. Priced some and believe it was around $20 a 4x8 sheet little spendy for me.

Piet,

67 has the right idea but you'll want to run a four foot row of FRP board around the bottom. FRP (fiberglass reinforced panel) is only an 1/8" thick but is extremely durable. It can take alot of abuse, is waterproof, cleans easily and will never need paint. You may have seen it on the walls of self-serve car wash bays or occasionly I've seen it in restaraunt bathrooms. It's white with a smooth pebble finish and can just be glued over the sheetrock.
Good luck, Tim

When I built my garage; I laid/secured a row of concrete blocks on the pad then constructed the walls on the blocks.

I've got a concrete footing about 6" above my slab then six inches of wood trim above that. Water isn't a problem for me. I need to paint the garage, which is about four cars wide including workspace and storage on each side. Anyone like to paint?

Piet said:
What has you guys used for interior finish on your garage walls.
I am looking at drywall... but I am concerned that the bottom will get wet.
(if I ever plan on using a pressure washer)

My interior garage walls are 9.5 feet... any suggestions?

Roadfrog said:
I've got a concrete footing about 6" above my slab then six inches of wood trim above that. Water isn't a problem for me. I need to paint the garage, which is about four cars wide including workspace and storage on each side. Anyone like to paint?
Frog, i don't mind painting for a good cause....as long as yoour real name isn't
Tom Sawyer!

robin

Finishing the Inside of garage

I'm wrestling with the same problem. The one thing you don't want to do is cover up the studs before you have run all electric, water, air, etc. that you want in the wall. Also have it properly insulated.

I have some nice looking paneling that is drilled like pegboard. I thought about putting that up about bench height sideways all the way around the garage and fastening it with screws. Drywall the rest. Then I would have a 4' wide "access" panel the whole way around the garage.

I just finished my rental's garage I have a 2x6 pressure treated around the bottom edge and 5/8 rock on the walls I have found it works well. If you go with sheetrock all the way to the bottom of the wall paint the bottom edge and a few inches up on the back side of the sheetrock, this will protect it from a little water. just my 2 cents

I did about the same thing as Roadfrog. I drywalled to the footer and then took some 1x pine and rounded over the top outside edge with the router.
Then sealed it with poly but spar would be better if it was going to get wet a lot. I painted the walls with semi gloss so it would clean up easily but gloss would repell water even better. You could run a small bead of silicone sealer along the top of the wood trim so water couldn't get behind it then the lower edge would act like a drip edge and the drywall would stay dry.

Tom

I used osb board on mine,of course it was alot cheaper two years ago. Painted it white, can hang any thing any place , don;t have to try and find a stud mytoy

mytoy said:
I used osb board on mine,of course it was alot cheaper two years ago. Painted it white, can hang any thing any place , don;t have to try and find a stud mytoy

my wife is always trying to find a stud......oh wait a minute, wrong subject!
;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom