Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Garage makeover in process

R

runum

Hey guys. Been doing some painting this week in the garage. This is where I am so far. More to come.

Looks Great!

Keep us posted and keep those pics coming -

I'm not quite as far as you are.. but I have lots of ideas!!!!

insidegarage.jpg

Come on guys, any more pics of progress? Not that the first garage needed anything else !

Sorry guys I forgot about this thread. Here are some later pics. I painted the floor with Rustoleum epoxy but I'm not happy with it. I really want to grind it off and tile the floor. Maybe next summer....

Really it's the whole look and personal taste. I did a not so good job of finishing the cement to begin with. The initial gloss of the paint brought out all the flaws in my work. Also when I painted the floor I added the optional sprinkles. I thought I would like the look, a little color contrast. The more I see of other floors without the sprinkles the more I like the single color super glossy look. So, right now, if I grind it all off I am considering going with ceramic tile. I really like the looks of the garages I have seen with ceramic. Keep in mind that this is a garage, not a shop. Very little work ever done in the garage. So many choices, so little space and money.

Ceramic tile also has its own issues - an acquaintance of mine who is into Ferraris has ceramic tile, and he wouldn't do it again due to 1) Cracking of tiles, and 2) Extremely slippery when wet. He'd do what I did and have the concrete steel shot-blasted, then two separate coats of industrial 2-part epoxy (not home-center store "epoxy paint", which isn't epoxy at all).
:beer

Good info. Thanks. I do like the look of the ceramic tile floors but had no long term data to go with. Right now I think the home-center store epoxy paint looks cheap. To me it doesn't look any better than regular oil based cement paint. I am looking for something a little more upscale.:beer

All right guys. I installed some Motofloor tiles yesterday. This is more like what I wanted.

Those look very nice. Hope I get around to cleaning up my garage one of these days. I've been leaning towards the epoxy kit, but those tiles look nice. I spill stuff on my floor and my Vette still has a couple of leaks too, so I want something that is durable and can be washed down.

runum said:
All right guys. I installed some Motofloor tiles yesterday. This is more like what I wanted.

runum, those tiles look great!

If I may ask, what is the cost?

Any idea if it is okay to install these tiles on a floor that doesn't have a moisture barrier under the slab?

Thanks!:beer

Thanks kbuhagiar. The tiles were on sale at Costco. I bought them online and had them shipped to my house. The cost was just over $1K for my 20 x 20 garage. The tiles snap together and just lay on the cement. Moisture from the cement are not an issue that would prevent the use of these tiles. Good luck with ours.

Runum,
Do you have a brand name? The tiles look great by the way.

-John

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom