Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Gas Gauge

u2bdet

Corvette
Interior all done (finally) now the gas gauge is reading constantly FULL no matter itf the ignition is on or off ...doesnt move at all ,
checked the rear of the console ,power to the gauge on the nut and on the Pink wire on the connector ...
Any thoughts ???

Thanks ,Neal

Suggest checking to see if the fuel level sensor is working. At the fuel filler (have to remove the cap and rubber boot to get access to the wiring); un-mate the connector and use your voltmeter to measure the voltage across the gauge side of the connector. Should be +12V. Then measure the resistance across the fuel sensor side...should be between 90 and 10 ohms, depending upon fuel level. If resistance is higher, then you have an open which is why the gauge is always showing full.

If the problem is the fuel sensor, pull it out of the tank and probably just needs a cleaning, hopefully no broken wires.

Let us know.

WAS fine untill....

Errrrrr, no working perfectly ,,untill I got my mitts on it , Its just frozen at FULL now , I did the entire interior ,so carpet ,seats ,console etc out .
Do you think I could have broke a wire along the way ??
Just picked up a new voltmeter ,going to test after the HURRICANE ,,,unless i get swept away.

Neal

Going to tell my wife that it wasnt me but the Hurricane that caused the gauge to go dead anyways !!!

Yep...you broke....I mean Irene broke a wire. An open will show FULL.

Time to pull the console back out and check the wiring between gauges and the fuel tank.

Normally it's the crappy plastic circuitboard. Mine looks like has "survived" two huricanes, it works but I don't know how and for how long.

Greetings Peter

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom