Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Gas mileage question

454???

You're probably filling up every other block aren't you?:L

Mileage, I need no stink'n mileage

Where I live we have city blocks and country blocks (the next road intersection... miles between :L ). A fellow I work with just bought a new Saturn, he tells me every day about his 38 mpg.
I just remind him that I didn't by my car for the gas mileage.
BTW... at Corvette show last week a 2002 was parked next to me a the owner claimed he got 28 mpg driving though Nevada going 130mph :cool Let's see a Saturn do that!
Gary

My C5 is great for gas mileage....overall I get about 21-23 MPG. On the highway coming back from Ocean City I got 29.

Just Love my Vette
:Twist

The platinum tipped plugs in the C4 should go at least 100,000 miles under normal driving conditions based on what I saw with my car. That's why they are platinum tipped, to extend the mileage. I pulled my plugs in my 93 at 110,000 miles, the gap was still good, tips still looked good. I put new one's in anyway because after wrestling with the last plug on the right bank, I wasn't putting the old ones back in. Saved the old plugs in case I needed some later, so that tells me they were still firing OK.
It didn't change my mileage or performance. My average around town with that car (LT1/6spd) was about 19 mpg, depending on traffic conditions.
I now have a 2002 ZO6, and average around town is 19.5, overall mileage for the week is usually 21.5. On the highway at 75 - 80 avg. is 28.5, 60 - 75 is slightly higher hits 30. That's with the A/C on, and using the cruise control!
vettepilot

Beginning around 50k the O² sensor can get lazy.

If I had more than 60K I would automatically change it. I have seen as much as a 15% increase in mileage from changing a lazy O² sensor.

I don't think yours is that bad, however you can monitor crosscounts to verify it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom