Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Gauge trouble

C3L81

Corvette
1981 White vette 24k mi
Heya guys. I recently bought a $300 car after selling my blazer and using most of the money to put new tires on the vette and wifes impala. The car is a 89 Beretta GT. The car runs pretty good, but the main issue is the gauges dont work (Illuminated Cluster) I messed around with the fuses and got the lights and service bulbs to work, but the speedo, Rpm, Gas, and other guages are not working. Also the cigerette lighter, power locks and horn do not work, even after switching out that particular fuse. This leads me to believe there is a wiring issue somewhere, but I do not know where in the hell to look. The stereo is ripped out and there are hanging wires in the front under the grill, so I think some kid must have had those led lights and a decent stereo so they ripped them out and screwed up the wiring either on install or removal. Any help is much appreciated, I dont know diddly about electrical. If i can get this fixed the car will be ideal for store runs and brining my kids to school. The mian thing is knowing how much Gas is in the tank. Thanks!

With that many things not working I would be looking for a fusable link burned out.

Glenn
:w

With that many things not working I would be looking for a fusable link burned out.

Ok whats a Fusable link? Thanks ahead of time!

theres comonly a major GROUND for the dash gauges attached to the rear of the drivers side cyinder head or block, Id sure chck to make sure its firmly attached

Thanks i will look for it in the morning!

Messed around with it all morning. All the grounds look good, fuses should be ok, but I did notice that on one of them some of the plastic was melted around it. Whats weird is I got all the lights working on the gauges, its the accual gauges themselves that are not working. So it shouldnt be something to do with a fuse. Im baffled.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom