Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

gauges

stratosjohn

Corvette
1976 coupe & 1987 convertible
Just got a 1976 Vette about a month ago and have been getting everything in shape. The gauges with the exception of the amp/volt gauge don't work and I'm alittle unsure the amp gauge is working correctly. Clock also does not work. How about some suggestions? Is there a circut board on the 76? Had an 82 that had one. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

There is a circuit board back there. I had a problem with one of my gauges and after having it tested ended up replacing the circuit board and everything works.

Had the same problem with my 76 I replaced the gauge I didn't
find any circuit board it plugs in to the wiring harness.

John , if you have an amp gauge, they are quite fragile. prone to blow out easily. the amp gauge works inline with a main power wire. if it doesn't go to the plus side when the engine is running it is most likely bad.
also make sure the alternator is working correctly.
if you have a volt gauge it also may not be good. a check of the alt/charging system will confim that.
let me know if you need a volt gauge. i have a spare on the bench..

robin:w

Robin
Are you saying the amp/volt meter is between the battery and the main fuse block? Would it be possible then if the gauge goes out it would cut all power to the fuse block?
My 75 the gauge just says "battery" and has -40 to +40. I assume this would be amps.
My problem is that someone before me ran a jumper wire from the battery directly to the fuse block and everything runs off that. My amp/battery gauge just seems to set on zero and never moves. I don't have any charging problems as the battery stays charged.

Could it be that the gauge burnt out and killed all power to the fuse block and this is why someone put in the jumper wire from the battery?
Roy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom