Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Getting the car inspected winds up w/ a broken neck for someone...

I thought our control level's aren't as high as in the States, and prior to 93 you only have to pass the emissions at one rpm rate, 93 and later have it at 3 rpm rate's so driving without cat's is very difficult.
I think i'm very lucky we don't have them road emmision tests, in the Carfax of my 81 corvette it is stated as a grand poluter :D
The turnside is we have the laser and normal speedtraps on the side of the road, 5 miles to fast and you'll get a bill in your post automaticly :( 30 miles and more to fast and the judge will deside for how long you can't have your driverslicense..
Sorry i'm somewhat going offtopic. :)

Groeten Peter.

Tony C. said:
We have it all.Sniff,Roller & Visual Cat. :( I take all of our Callaways to my local Chevy dealer all on the same day.They are nice enough to block out the entire day so I can go back and forth to get them all there.It is something to see when the cars are on the rollers & they almost jump off due to all that Callaway power.BTW,they all pass easily. :D
Tony, That is an awesome plan - I wish I could do that except, they all expire at different times - some in this month, some last - Some in the summer, some in the spring :eek
I wish I had a tag registered to me - and I could put it on whatever car I drive that day - :upthumbs

Peer81 said:
I thought our control level's aren't as high as in the States, and prior to 93 you only have to pass the emissions at one rpm rate, 93 and later have it at 3 rpm rate's so driving without cat's is very difficult.
I think i'm very lucky we don't have them road emmision tests, in the Carfax of my 81 corvette it is stated as a grand poluter :D
The turnside is we have the laser and normal speedtraps on the side of the road, 5 miles to fast and you'll get a bill in your post automaticly :( 30 miles and more to fast and the judge will deside for how long you can't have your driverslicense..
Sorry i'm somewhat going offtopic. :)

Groeten Peter.
Peter, we have our fair share of lasers & traps - some from above in airplanes as well :eek
Washington D.C. has Photo radar - unmanned crown vic's that snap a pic of the car & plate and like you, in the mail!!!

No prob on off-topic - spinning your head for that could wind up w/ a broken neck too ;)
Enjoy! :m

Chris, i always thought the Netherlands was THE country on speedchecking... But from in airplanes.. whahahaha that's almost unreal :D

Nice to hear of course that your Callaway is in such a good shape!
Most people overhere are almost afraid to go to the anual check. But i think as a true Corvette driver you know most parts of the corvette and even more, you know every sound and feel when something is wrong way before the anual checkup says its outside the tollerance spec's. :)

Groeten Peter.

Peer81 said:
Nice to hear of course that your Callaway is in such a good shape!
Most people overhere are almost afraid to go to the anual check. But i think as a true Corvette driver you know most parts of the corvette and even more, you know every sound and feel when something is wrong way before the anual checkup says its outside the tollerance spec's. :)

Groeten Peter.
Peter, I try to "inspect" the car before I take it to the station - Through work, I have access to the standards for inspection and know what is legal and what is not - The book is about the size of a small town telephone directory :eek

I have 3 vehicles due this month alone :eek
...1 down, 2 to go :eyerole

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom