Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Give me the skinny on the renegade intake for the 82 crossfire

Pgatchr

Corvette
82 Bright Red coupe
Is it worth it ? Not racing just cruise ing . When does it work best? Car runs great as is should I go to the renegade? Every thing stock.

Welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!!
What year is your corvette???'82??

It is a 82, just so much on the crossfire good and bad, is the renegade good for just a little better performance. Been told don’t bother only good at top end.

Try doing a search.
there was some discussion a while back about it.
I really didn't pay attention to it.

We have a forum here dedicated to the Cross Fire Injection . There is a ton of information on all sorts of mods and I remember that there was a lengthy discussion of the Renegade intake there a while back. Just do a search in that forum and you should be able to find a lot under Renegade.

Tom

In a word - Don't. The old Rochester TBIs will not keep up with the better airflow the Renegade provides and the fuel system will become weaker and weaker. In fact mine would not run above 2500 rpm and it got very hot.
Save your money.

Ok thanks, I am putting a 85 fuel pump in. To try and get rid of the bog down at Take off . I hope it works. Other than that seems to run good after.

In a word - Don't. The old Rochester TBIs will not keep up with the better airflow the Renegade provides and the fuel system will become weaker and weaker. In fact mine would not run above 2500 rpm and it got very hot.
Save your money.

Agreed

Thanks,don’t want to waste money . Had a big sit back . Check date on tires , blow out at 75 mph took out rear quarter on passenger side. . Tires looked great , lots of thread date June of 2011 now have to replace rear . Oh crap hope I can do it myself.

That really sucks. I replaced the tires that still looked like new on the wife's '81 a couple years ago just because they were 8-10 years old. We weren't driving it anywhere except locally and no interstates because of the tire age.

Tom

Did not even think to check date on tire. I am into the rebuild. Going good so far. Looking at all info on here to help.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom