Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Glasspacks on my '96

Stallion

Corvette
1996 CE LT4
Has anybody ever put glasspacks on their C4? I'm looking to go all new exhaust (headers to tailpipes) and I would really like to incorporate Cherry Bomb Glasspacks.

ideas/suggestions/advice?

I have Supertrapps.

I used the stock resonator, and just behind the differential housing added a crossover and tapered the piping to 2.5 down from 2.75. The piping also had to be curved higher in the body in order to have the 24" Supertrapps be level. The sound in nice, but higher pitch than I would have liked, but they are adjustable for volume and power by adding or removing discs. I normally drive with 8 per side, but when drag racing have 20 per side. It does add power, and lots of sound volume. However, either way, there is still some interior resonance at around 2000 RPM.

Added 1/10/07: The volume in not deafening, even with 20 discs per side, but it is loud.

Glass packs

I did glass packs and took them off-the droning and resonance was deafening. Put on Flowmasters and they sound great without incurring hearing loss.

Has anybody ever put glasspacks on their C4? I'm looking to go all new exhaust (headers to tailpipes) and I would really like to incorporate Cherry Bomb Glasspacks.

ideas/suggestions/advice?

I did glass packs and took them off-the droning and resonance was deafening. Put on Flowmasters and they sound great without incurring hearing loss.

I'm kind of after that deafening exhaust sound.

My idea would be if you do decide to install glasspacks, make sure you save your old exhaust, for a while anyway. Just incase you decide its to loud. I installed them on a chevelle I had once, and realize it was so loud you could not carry on a conversation in the car, let alone hear the radio. With the exhaust tips on a Vette much closer to the ear, since thats what you want, you may really enjoy them.

I'm really after these Cherry Bombs. But I'm getting myself real confused. At first, I was looking to get a nice exhaust system and just bolt it on (hopefully whatever I end up with is still "bolt on" and no modification). I'm looking for everything, headers to the tailpipes. I wanted to get a package deal. Then I saw/heard glasspacks and decided these are the way to go. So now how do I go about this? Do I get everything separately???

Do I buy headers...then buy pipes...then buy cats...then more pipes....then glasspacks...then tips..???

How will any of that ever fit together nicely?? Do you understand my concern? How can I configure and buy a system that includes glasspacks, with the least amount of fabrication/modification?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom