Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM Announces Corvette Chief Engineer David Hill to Retire

Best Wishes as a retired GM employee I can say I always liked it when the "car guys" were in control. Even as far away from Detroit as the plants I worked at were you could tell the difference when the "car guys" had the upper hand.
I always said Dave Hill had the best job in GM Great job Dave :upthumbs

It should be easier to get Dave Hill to appear at the CruiseFest when he's retired.;)

wallstAL said:
We wish him well!

I couldn't agree more! I finally became a Vette owner in 1999 due specifically to the C5, and have thoroughly enjoyed it ever since. So much so, that it is my daily driver!

So to Dave I say, although I've never had the pleasure of meeting you, I hope you have as much fun in your retirement as you seem to have had being involved with Corvette. I would put many of your accomplishments right up there with Zora!

This one is for you sir!!!!!
:m

Robert

Best Wishes Dave on your retirement!!! :w

I finally had the distinct pleasure of meeting you at the 11th Annual Labor Day show at the Corvette Museum,and I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time several times to sign different items for me that I will keep and treasure forever.
You are a great man, and a great Corvette fan who allowed his love for Corvettes to show through in his job every day!! You truly are a great man who has earned a great retirement with your wife Karen, and I know I will treasure the moments shared with you this year, just as I know you treasure each and every moment you have had in meeting Corvette owners and enthusiasts worldwide!!
I hate to see a great part of Corvette History come to an end, but I am sure you would only let something like this happen only if you are confident in your replacement, Tom Wallace.
We have always believed in you, and in all of the great work you have done for the Corvette world, and we wish you only the best in your life of retirement from GM and from Corvette!! You will be missed greatly!!
I hope you do get some time to still go to Corvette events with your wife Karen, and that you will still continue to support the Corvette hobby in the same great way you have always done.....

.... with that great trademark smile of yours!!!

We love you Dave!!! You are a true inspiration to us all!!!

aussiejohn said:
If, however, the Corvette was built RHD and a deal could be worked out with GM-Holden, then there is a good chance that Corvettes could be offered for sale in Australia. But I'm not holding my breath.

It would be nice but one thing that they have to make sure is that the Vette is still badged as a Chevrolet. I know that we import the Chevy Suburban over here as the Holden Suburban but I think the idea of a Holden Corvette would cause quite a bit of controversy.

On another note, I would like to thank Dave Hill and his team for bringing up the Corvette above and beyond the standards expected of a sports car these days. Over here you cannot help but be choked by all kids that worship the Skyline or Supra or WRX blah blah blah. Most of which scorning the American V8 as obsolete. The Corvette is a testament to the flaw in their logic, which is great in an argument.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom