Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM Corvette problems - Please Help

dsmalling33

Corvette
Good afternoon and I apologize to start. I do not know where to turn and looking for advice, contacts, anything to help.

I have waited all my life of 51 years to own a Corvette. When the C8 came out, I was sold and had been saving forever. In December 2020, I got on the wait list at my dealer. Finally, after 17 months, my order was going to be finalized and ordered. I picked up my 2023 on June 29, 2023. It was the best thing I had ever spent so much money on! I loved everything about it. Now my heartbreak…

On August 3, the SERVICE POWER STEERING light came on. I took it to my dealer. I HAVE NOT SEEM MY CORVETTE SINCE… It’s been sitting in the shop waiting on a part, 87828685, some type of gearbox. Here is where it gets bad. The dealer cannot tell me when the part will be available (it is NOT a microchip of any sort). I have an open Case with GM and here is my update every week: “No New information is available, we continue to escalate.” And keep in mind, the Kentucky Corvette factory is producing my same 2023 Corvette for the last 8 weeks using this same part.

Here is the kicker, the GM case customer care line, never returns call (I’m serious)! They call around 8am ever Thursday to deliver the message above. I have tried to escalate through my case rep and it never gets me a Manager or Supervisor, they have never called me back. I have tried multiple routes through different GM phone numbers and every time they end up routing me right back to my case rep who is as unhelpful as usual. Imagine the frustration of having the dealer AND GM giving me the run around for over 8 weeks and no end in site for their premier Corvette. I cannot get a live person to be accountable. Even a date of when the part will be available is helpful.

I appeal to anyone on this forum – do you have any suggestions, direct contacts at GM (or the Corvette team) that might take me serious and help? I have an open case w/ the BBB and that has done me no good (same case rep).

I love my Corvette that I used to have, anyone taking the time to read this, send me contacts at GM AND beware of what might happen to you… Trust me, I have had many issues in my life w/ various products and services, and always found a solution (and usually quickly). I am at a loss of how this can even happen at a company like GM.

Thanks for reading, and appreciate in advance, any advice.

Derick Smalling

Just awful , sorry to hear. I would call GM Corp Headquarters and ask for Mary Barra, the CEO. Likely you will get attention...good luck !

Derick,
Thank you for sharing your story, now I'm inclined to cancel my Vet order that has been in place since June of 2021.

The run around you are receiving is indicative of a Federal Government bureaucracy where employees don't care enough to at the very least be better communicators...even if, or especially if, there is nothing they can do to be of help.

Good luck Derick, I think you are going to need it.

I‘ve had Similar issues with GM customer care. I was in an accident with my C7. Numerous parts were unavailable, including a wiring harness where the only source is the Ukraine, yes Ukraine. I dealt with GM for thirteen weeks waiting for parts. absolutely no help from GM who told me more than once that while they could assist, the dealership did not want any assistance and GM has no power over each independent dealership. I wrote to Mary Barra, and got an immediate sympathetic response from her team. Once again, they had solutions that the dealership refused to accept. Now fifteen weeks have passed and today my car was returned to me with still incomplete items. We’re at $25k in repairs and insurance refuses to total.

Sadly, the only changes since at least the '80s is the calendar. This is not unique to GM as I experienced the same with a new [venerable] Subaru Outback we bought new, then sold back under the lemon law.

Once, contact with GM's Zone office would help.

I've had 9 Corvettes and recently have been shopping C8s. My 'gut' tells me to just enjoy the trouble-free ownership of our Jeeps, as it seems GM, whether Chev or Cadillac is as far from addressing customers' problems as Ford is.

Are you talking with the resolution team?
if so, demand a supervisor. You will be told to expect a call all back within #4-48 hours. I waited a week. Was told by the supervisor he will take care of setting up a dealer, signature dealer to take car to. Nothing for a week or so. I started emailing and calling every day. @0%days later I am set up at a dealer this week after 6 plus weeks.

Whale pilot,
I pit a Shinoda mears body on my. 96 grandsport.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom