Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM Extended Warrenty?? Good/Bad??

fxstbi

Corvette
Black 2002, Red '81 & Green '69
What do you think of the GM Protection Plan theat they offer on new cars? My 2002 is about six months old now and I have received several offers for the extended warrenty from GM. Is this worth buying? Any opinoins would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Pete

Extended warranty

fxstbi,

Extended warrenty'sare not too bad.I purchased an extended warranty for a car I bought new in 98. Some people think they are a waste of money but with todays computer controls its not a bad deal.

Hoosier

I bought one too. As I was sitting there, the thought occured to me , I wonder how much a transmission cost. I have used mine on a power window regulator, and an A/c problem.

It is really worth it. For example my brothers '98 Z28 had to get the cat replaced, and now the motor mounts, let alone some other minor stuff before. It is all covered under the GMPP. You just take it to the dealer and it is fixed without dipping into your pocket, besides paying for the warranty. in the long run it will pay for itself. The warranty cost my brother $1500 with 0 deduct 6 years 100,000 miles. The repair he has had so far have added up to almost that price already. For my Vette my warranty cost $1400 and I had the A/C fixed and the righ fuel sensor replaced. Cost $968 with 0 deduct. It is worth every penny.

GMPP

email kenfichtner@hotmail.com and check on the price. he is a chevy dealer that sells it for $50 over his cost.

fxstbi:

Go to the search area and type in extended warranty. It helped me make my decision 3 weeks ago when I picked up my '02 Vette.

Regards,
Steve

One thing about the GM warranty, it will be there when you need it. The off-brand warranties may go bankrupt, or take your $ and run. I believe GM is a bit more stable company than any of these off-brand warranty companies. It's kind of like these life-time guarantee ads for some of this junk they try to pass off on you in the media. They mean nothing, as the company won't be around long enough for you to collect on their promises. Any warranty is only as good as the company selling it. Many of these off brand companies collected big bucks and disappeared in the past.

I forgot to mention, I went with the GM plan for the very reason that Jim stated; GM isn't going to be gone when you need them!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom