Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! GM Major Guard Extended Warranty

rkoblin

Corvette
Owned 2003, 2010 GS
Hi:)

Want to purchase a GM major Guard Extented Warranty for my new Grand Sport. I know the price varies with markup. Does any one know of a place to purchase it with a fair price.

Hi:)

Want to purchase a GM major Guard Extented Warranty for my new Grand Sport. I know the price varies with markup. Does any one know of a place to purchase it with a fair price.

PM sent.

Could I get a PM,too?My 2008 has 35,925 miles on the clock.I am buying an extended warranty.

I think it has to be within the first year of ownership, that is what my research shows. There are companies that will do it but it is not GM. There is also a lot of crap happening with some of those companies that do not pay.

I'm pretty sure you can get the Major Guard if you purchase it anytime before the factory warranty expires.

I'm pretty sure you can get the Major Guard if you purchase it anytime before the factory warranty expires.

:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumbYou are correct Sir!:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

I did a lot of research ( 2 years ago) and got the best deal at Ross Downing Chevy.Ask for Jason.

Got email quote,GM approved it and mailed to me in 2 days.

I extended my extended GMPP on my 02Z.

\db2
Carolina

Yep,that's where I went!

It pays to shop around and compare. I've got a bidding war between 2 companies have so far gotten a quote $400 less than was originally offered to me. Same GMPP warranty, each dealer saying that they will match or beat the others prices. I'll let you know the final price that I get.

Question on these GMPP Major Guard warranties:

What is the advantage to having one of these on a new Vette that also has the extended 5yr 100K powertrain warranty? Would you be paying a premium for coverage you already have?

On the fence -

Question on these GMPP Major Guard warranties:

What is the advantage to having one of these on a new Vette that also has the extended 5yr 100K powertrain warranty? Would you be paying a premium for coverage you already have?

On the fence -

The drive train warranty from GM is pretty good. All other is covered by 3yr/36,000miles. The major guard extended warranty covers just about everything beyond that. GMPP will sell you an extended warranty until your factory coverage expires, the cost will depend on how old/how many miles you have on your car. My car is an '07 and has 14,900 miles on it. The extended warranty covers it until 2017/70,900 mi. With all the electronics on the car including Mag suspension, I think its money well spent. It's like buying life insurance, you may never use it but one major problem and you'll wish you did.

On The Fence

Yes you are right about the powertran warranty, but I submit to you what if one of the computers go after the 3 year 36,000 warranty. The powertran is not going to cover it.

Consumer reports claims extended warranties are a waste of money. That is a decision you are going to have to make. Me, I had one on my old Vette and will purchase one for the new one when I get it in a couple of weeks.

Did I ever have a problem with my old vette, not a peep out of it. It was beyond reliable. Like most insurance you bet something is going to go wrong, they bet nothing will happen.

I had 5 months left on my extended warranty when I sold the vette privately. It was a good selling point when I went to sell it. :beer

Fichner Chevy was was $1595.00 zero deductable!

Prices vary depending on the year and mileage of your car. For my year and mileage $1995 was the best price from anyone including Fichner. My recommendaton is to call around and get solid quotes from several sources.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom