Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM PowerTrain Warranty

RED903L

Corvette
2003 AE Six Speed Coupe
This past Tuesday, at the conclusion of our Corvette club meeting, I was talking with a couple friends and during this conversation, one of them said that he'd read an article in the local paper that GM was going to extend it's 100K PowerTrain warranty back to C5's. This REALLY got my attention, as I own two C5's (99 & 03) !!!

My other friend said "Yes", he'd seen the same article and it had been in the Business Section of the paper, and he added that this coverage would only been extended back to the 2002 year model.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Thanks.......

Sounds Good to me!

But l just bought another extended warranty for another 3yrs. I believe the new power train warranty is for only 5 yrs. You have to get by the small print.

Alan

GM 100K Warranty Confirmed...

It doesn't go into a lot of specifics, but here's the news release from GM:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/10941743/detail/htm

*** I just checked and the article is no longer showing. It was posted on Febr. 6, perhaps you can locate it using the date...sorry! ****

- It covers "GM Certified Cars" ONLY going back to the 2002 year model.
- It covers powertrain ONLY (no electronics)
- Goes on sale March 5

IF this is correct, and it is only available to "GM Certified Cars", we all know who sells "certified" cars..........the dealers!!! ;squint: ;squint: ;squint:

I'm afraid folks, like myself and many others, trying to sell C5's via private sales .......have been "scre*ed", unless they have an extended warranty to offer a potential buyer!!

;help ;help ;help

Here's what I don't understand:

If you already GAVE GM your money before this started you get squat.

How about taking care of the paying customers you ALREADY HAVE!!!:mad :mad :mad

UP John is right...The extended warranty only goes towards USED cars that GM sells. If you ALREADY own the car you are SOL.

....IF this is correct, and it is only available to "GM Certified Cars", we all know who sells "certified" cars..........the dealers!!! ;squint: ;squint: ;squint:

I'm afraid folks, like myself and many others, trying to sell C5's via private sales .......have been "scre*ed", unless they have an extended warranty to offer a potential buyer!!

;help ;help ;help

Been giving my earlier prediction a little thought.........AND this might just turn out to benefit the "private sale" market!

We all know that dealers have always ask "premium retail" prices on all cars they sell and they did this ...BEFORE ...the "100K warranty" ever existed!

Now, what's been given to them "free" by GM, I strongly suspect, will be used as a "tool" ....against buyers... to justify even higher prices for the same car, because they are GREEDY! They can't help it...that's the nature of the beast!!

Their "greed" will drive up the prices of ALL C5's and drive more folks into the "private sales" who will be unwilling to pay the "top dollar" prices dealers are going to demand .......because of the 100K waranty.

ONLY TIME WILL TELL........... WHO KNOWS
;shrug ;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom