Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: GM Seat Belt Availibility for an 81 ??

91-Vetteman

Corvette
1991 Blue Coupe
I am starting to see some replacement seat belts for my 1981. The ones I have seen in some of the vette catalogues do not have the GM lable on the receiver. Any leads on where to find replacement belts (shoulder harness) ??
I have seen some of these for about $300 for a pair. I would appreciate any leads.

I'm in the middle of this with my '81. I wasn't happy with any of the aftermarket belts and the NOS belts were too pricey for me. I ended up buying a set off of fleabay to put in my car while I send mine off to be refurbished. That way, I end up with the correct hardware back in the car with new webbing and assurance that the belt mechanisms are working properly. Around here, the upholstery shops would not re-web them due to liability issues and they all outsourced seatbelt work. Once I get mine back, I'll put them back in the car and sell my temporary set. When I'm done, it looks like I will still have less $$ in them than in an aftermarket set. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. 1 potential problem, is that the seatbelt anchor bolts for the 81's are Torx and 1 of mine was frozen solid and I ended up strippng the torx head out of it. I had to put a pipe wrench on it to finally get it out. Then I had to find another anchor bolt to replace the 1 with the stripped head. These bolts are discontinued so I had to find a used one.

eBay for a used set in good condition; dye to match your interior. You could also consider sending your originals to Snake-Oyl and have them rebuild them.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom