Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

going price

ggaagg57

Corvette
68,502 convt. ,- &81,4speed ,80 4 speed, 70 454
what would be a going price for a 64 -65 coupe less than 50 k on it. 327 4 speed car orig condistion in good to better than avg. ggaagg57

They vary in price an awful lot depending on the originality (of all the parts) and condition, evidence of collision work, options, serious frame rust, etc, etc, etc. 65's bring a few thousand more than 64's, but they'd fall generally in the $22k to $26k range if the car is original and a really decent weekend driver shine & show car.

Take a few thousand off if the engine isn't the same engine that came in the car when it was new, a few thousand more if there are body modifications. Add a couple thousand if it has the original engine and it was an optional high performance engine; a 396ci original '65 would add perhaps $10k to $15k, as would an original Fuel-injected 327ci.

There are a lot of faked "all-original numbers-matching" cars, so insist on documentation and have an expert verify the seller's claims before paying high dollar.

Super-nice all-original cars certified as top-notch examples after judging by Corvette organizations like NCRS can go for $40k and on up.

looked at car

said he could prove 47k, car is tight every thing works, no ac pb,ps,car has been painted . need to be painted again .some cracks not to bad its a 64 not a 65 327 250. four speed .wants 24k that a little to much for me good paint wouldbe about 5k its a fastback .

About That '64

By coincidence, I'm the happy :L owner of a '64 roadster with 103K on the clock. Even with that low mileage (2.7K miles/yr average over 38 years) the last two sets of tires removed from the car had died of old age, with lots of rubber on the tread. (Both sets had one tire expire in spectacular fashion, despite being carefully inflated, etc. One threw a thread, the other blew a hole out the sidewall!) In the early years, this 'vette was my daily driver and thus had 57K in ten years, still not a lot. Then it was in storage for three years while I was overseas, and since has been getting ever-decreasing mileage, especially ever since '97 when we bought the '98 roadster sitting alongside it in the garage!

The car has original paint, original engine, even the original soft top which isn't all that bad except for the discolored window. The springs sagged (but then, I did too) and the carpeting and seat covers have been replaced. About everything else is original except things like waterpump (twice) and "consumables" like battery, tires, windshield wipers, etc.

Even the original owner: the reason I'm so sure of all this history is that the proud owner has been ME since Dec 9 1963. (Paid $4,050 with a discount!) Since I know everything that's happened to the car in 38 years, I don't have any problem believing that mileage, but a lot of people do.

On the car you mention, the 250 hp 327 was the "base" engine that year. (Mine was one notch up at 300 hp with the Carter 4bl carb.) The 47K car that you mention has likely passed through many hands (you didn't mention anything about limited ownership) and would have had to AVERAGE only a hundred miles a MONTH for 38 years. To me the owner would have an uphill battle proving it's been driven that little. ;)

Save the wave! :beer

Fred

found another

looked at a 65 today 327 350 showing 74 k paint i s good seem a little rusty . inter not as clean owner said 74k can't be proven and odometor not working??????? but wants 25 k,. also . made offer owner wouldn"t take 18000 just wants 25k didn"t want to talk about a offer. so still looking,but this one had more appeal its just a matter of time . and another 10k after i find one i like.

i give up

you can't get a 65 for 18,000 , its going to be like 23 to 25 k for a good starting point. but it was fun to try.

Got my 64 roadster 327/300 4spd, unrestored, 102K mi, both tops, wrong color, everything works including clock and radio for $24K. It's perfect for me!! There is a 63 roadster on eBay this morning for $22,500. Looks like a great deal. Mid 20's is a good starting point for a C2.

why 18

for the same reason i got my 82collectors ed for 6000k in very good condistion , and my 81 for 75oo in very good condition.if you don"t look and try what good are u .some of the one i looked at were not close to being a 25k car.unless you like rust. two of the cars were a good buy at 25k. thanks for your reply.

First, keep shopping. The more you look, the better idea of price vs condition. Also take look at your talents as a mechanic or body and paint person and what the car will need(these are 38 yr old vehicles, none of them are perfect). Find out what the car will need to bring it up to your expectations and then check to see what it will cost to do that. Determine how much work you can or are willing to do yourself and how much you can afford to pay to have done. Again, keep shopping, my search began looking for a 4sp coupe and I ended up with a powerglide roadster, and I'm in love with it. Good Luck

thanks for reply

i have worked on cars for about 21 years and have been doing paint work now for about 6 years . ive owned over 200 cars since i was 15. but you learn something new everday,and mess up too.for some reason i bought a 74 convertible everything on the car is new. its as clean as one can come????but still looking for a65 -67 . or anything else for that matter., george

Ifound 1 here in nj/65cp,327/350 4sp.12k$,,, a running project>but ruff!,, i looked at it yesterday.

found one yesterday 65 coupe

a 65 in mint condision cold a/c great paint , near perfect int,andfor the money it s a good deal. cars from franklin nc. but not a 4 speed.wanted 30000. why pay 24 for one that need s paint and int. work .if it wasn,t so hot and i didn,t have my son want ing to go home, we were at super chevy show in georgia. i would have wanted to drive it and then would hav e bought it . but the lack of a 4 speed it just wasn't what i wanted . george thank for the reply .

bought one, going to pick it up tomorrow , 64 conv. 4 sp , power brakes , factory a/c. restored 8 years ago, still look s good car only driven 800 miles inlast 5 years.

MID 20'S FOR A GOOD STARTING POINT????

<----HOW ABOUT $14K FOR A NICE DRIVER!

TONY TAT2, DO YOU HAVE A PIC OF THAT '65 IN NJ?
ANY MIDYEAR THAT RUNS AND DRIVES IS WORTH 12K...

My 64 ragtop

I own a 64 ragtop. It is in good condition, a driver that does well in the local shows. I have a stock 327-250 that came with the powerglide, but now has a Turbo350 trans. Other than that it is pretty much stock. Got it 2 years ago for about 24k and feel that was a very fair price. I have noticed that the 63-64 ragtops have gone up in price the last 2 years. Good luck.

lucy 64, i bought a 64 roadster a/c car in very good condis, was restored about 8 years ago 327 300 4sd. it is really clean i payed 26k for it .

sold my 64

sold my 64 today for 32k looking for a 65-67 now convert,4speed red . ggaagg57

Great deal on 64

You made out great on the 64. It is a good choice to go for the 65-67. They are much more desired because of the disc brakes (and other improvements). You should be able to find something real nice with that 32K....congrats.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom