Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Good luck finding Good Year Run flat !!

RHS

Corvette
2007 Victory Red Corvette Convertable
I called several tire shops trying to buy a P 245/40 ZR 18 Eagle F1 EMT.
National Backorder may be available in three to five weeks ! Just an FYI.

Try: Discount Tire Direct (great prices too). :w

If you really need one I have two mounted on C6 polished rims with sensors. I've loaned them out before but do need it back, not offering to sell, just help out a fellow Corvette owner. I'm running winter tires and rims now so they are in storage. Can also train you sensors to read for your car. I'm in an out of Michigan often so let me know.

:thumb

If you're talking SuperCar tires, they are out of stock even at TireRack.
However, the GS2 EMT is supposed to be available later this week at TireRack.

TireRack as the Michelin PS AS ZP in stock along with the non-run flag PS2.

TireRack has the Goodyear F1 D3 EMT in this size in stock - not cheap and no availability for matching rear tires.

Try: Discount Tire Direct (great prices too). :w

$295.77 &&&& up to $80.00 rebate if you buy 4 (how can you beat that???) :upthumbs

Thanks for the tire loan offer ! I just bought this car end of Sept knowing I would need one tire. The front left was replaced because of pot hole or?? no other damage but the tire. I just thought I would put a new one on the right side. That way they would both be new,as the rt side has 17K and starting to show it.
I am pretty sure I called discount tire, but in case I missed it I will call them tomorrow.
I just was suprised a company as large as Good Year would not keep up with their product production !

Are you saying Michelins last longer ??

Are you saying Michelins last longer ??

The UTQG rating is the same for the Pilot Sport vs Eagle F1 Supercar, reviews seem to indicate that they run 5000 to 15000 longer. I would hope so since the price is as high as the GY. I have 16000 miles on my GY and they are toast, pretty sure I'm headed for the Firestone Wide Oval run flat. UTQG is considerably higher, price is cheaper (by a lot) and reviews are promising.

PS2 .vs. Supercar tires - same UTOG - should be similary mileage.

PS AS ZP Plus .vs. GS2 - 500 .vs. 320 UTOG - Michelin should outlast the GY by a lot.

If you're looking for maximum performance summer traction, then the Supercar, Supercar G2 or PS2 are the way to go. I would not expect them to last as long as tires with higher UTOG ratings.

If an all year tire is your desire, the Michelin PS AS ZP Plus with a wear rating of 500 is the way to go. I just put a set on my '08 vert.

Btw, I got 30,100 miles out of the GY GS2's that were OEM on the car. I may sell the '08 before I wear the Michelin's out.

Goodyear Schmoodyear

My wife needs new tires for her 2006 Coupe at about 14K miles (steel is coming out). Anybody who gets 30K miles must run them pretty gently. I had to replace my 2006 Z06 tires at 11K. I spent WAY more on tires than on gas during that time... I don't like the performance of the Goodyears, let alone the durability. I have Nitto Invo tires on my car now--cheaper, quieter, and better handling than Goodyears.

Anyway, I was wondering what cheaper tires people have tried and are happy with for the C6 Coupe???
Thanks!

Anybody who gets 30K miles must run them pretty gently. I had to replace my 2006 Z06 tires at 11K.

Not necessarily. My vert gets driven hard some times, not track stuff but playing on the streets when I can. It also gets a lot of road miles as it is our traveling car - like Caravan 2009, etc.

The last set of GoodYear Supercar tires I had didn't last much longer than 11K and they were on my Cadillac with only 400 HP. The Caddy and the vert get driven about the same. Lucky for me, GY makes a D3 in EMT that fit the Caddy and they lasted just over 25K. Again, it's too bad that GY doesn't make the D3 EMT in C6 sizes (other than front).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom