Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

goodbye to fellow Corvette lover, Jerry Greenwald

CHEV66JB

Corvette
'59 Corvette #5366
I wanted to share with everyone that family friend Jerry Greenwald passed away today, after a year-long battle with cancer. He was one of my father's chums "back in the day", and my father had lost touch with him over the years, but ran into him at a local car show in Newark DE in 2004.

When my dad ran into him at the event, Jerry was there with his OWN '60 Fuelie. He lived in Hockessin, DE.

I will post an obit link when one is available (probably tomorrow). Our thoughts go out to his family. I believe he belonged to some of the local car clubs, so if anyone knew him please pass the word on to Jerry's other friends.

Regards,

Jim

Update: below are my dad (left) and Jerry (right)- next pic is Jerry's '60:

dad_jerryg.jpg

jgreenwalds_60.jpg

May he rest in peace.
Cancer is a terrible disease. My sympathies to his family and friends.

Tammy

Jim
My condolences on the loss of your friend. My sympathies to his family and friends.
Craig sr.

Sad to hear this. I was probably no more than 20 feet away from the spot where the pic of your Dad and his friend was taken. It makes me sad that I never knew the guy but yet was so close to a fellow '60 Corvette owner.

Sorry to hear of this Jim.

Tom

My sympathies to you.

I wanted to share with everyone that family friend Jerry Greenwald passed away today, after a year-long battle with cancer. He was one of my father's chums "back in the day", and my father had lost touch with him over the years, but ran into him at a local car show in Newark DE in 2004.

When my dad ran into him at the event, Jerry was there with his OWN '60 Fuelie. He lived in Hockessin, DE.

I will post an obit link when one is available (probably tomorrow). Our thoughts go out to his family. I believe he belonged to some of the local car clubs, so if anyone knew him please pass the word on to Jerry's other friends.

Regards,

Jim

Update: below are my dad (left) and Jerry (right)- next pic is Jerry's '60:

dad_jerryg.jpg

jgreenwalds_60.jpg
Thank you to everyone for your condolences regarding my dad. He truely loved his 60 corvette. My dad and I loved antique cars especially corvettes. I hope to have one someday with a plate that reads Daddy's Girl. Unfortunately my dad had to sell his dream car when his cancer had gotten worse. It was truely one of the hardest things he had to do.

To all that knew him, you are all wonderful and true friends. For all that didn't know him, you missed out on someone that was kind hearted, a true friend and would do anything for you. Thank you to everyone again. I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Tina

Too many good people gone this year. My sympathy to his family and friends.

Best regrads,
Gerry

Sincere condolences. Looks like he achieved his dream Corvette. Hope that is of some comfort to the family.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom