Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Goodyear F1 All Season Tires

popsvette

Corvette
2010 GS Convertible
It's time to replace my tires. The 02 vert is used strictly for short and long cruises and my wife wants a smoother and quiter tire than the original EMT's. The Goodyear F1 All Seasons seem to have good reviews from Halverson and Tire Rack but I would like to hear from those who have them on their Vette.

Are you looking for run-flat replacement?
Is the GY F1 All Season a run-flat?

I was very happy with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S ZP's on my previous 03 vert and they are run-flat.

I put a set of Cooper Zeon sport A/S on my C5 coupe just before I left for Carlisle. Night and day over the Goodyear EMT. I use the car in a similar manner ie. cruising with my Corvette club , some spirited rides but certainly no competition. I'm VERY happy with this tire. It rides better, it's much quieter and it handles well!

Are you looking for run-flat replacement?
Is the GY F1 All Season a run-flat?

I was very happy with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S ZP's on my previous 03 vert and they are run-flat.

+1 for these Michelins. Put them on my 98 Vert about 3 years ago and loved them. Smoother ride, all season tread, so quiet I could actually hear my radio for the first time and the time they were also cheaper than the Good-for-a-year's.

It's time to replace my tires. The 02 vert is used strictly for short and long cruises and my wife wants a smoother and quiter tire than the original EMT's. The Goodyear F1 All Seasons seem to have good reviews from Halverson and Tire Rack but I would like to hear from those who have them on their Vette.

I was never able to arrange a test of these tires on a C5 cpe or vert, but I have been using them for more than a year now on another GM vehicle.

I'd say the tread life has been pretty darn good. The tread noise is about the same as a GS D3 and quieter than the C5 EMT. The tires handles well, but not quite as good at the limit as the GS D3. In the wet it's about the same as the D3 and in really cold weather, it's better than the GS D3.

For short/long cruising and wet weather...especially cold wet weather when you might even see a very light dusting of snow, I think the Eagle F1 AS is a pretty darn good replacement choice for a non-run-flat on a C5.

On the other hand, if you don't car about the cold weather part and you want a tire with a little more handling performance, the F1 GS-D3 might be an incrementally better choice.

And...there are additional choices, such as the non-RFTs Michelin Pilot series, but there are others here having more experience with that tire and can address it with more credibility.

Thank You. I didnt even know about this tire (last I checked, the Goodyears were three season). Using Michelien as zp's, love em, but Ill look at these aslo next time.

Thanks for the feedback

:wThanks everyone for the great feed back. I'm buying from Tire Rack and it is now between the F1's and Mich A/S and the F1`'s really have an attractive price. Hey TUNA, see ya Tuesday nite.
Jim

:wThanks everyone for the great feed back. I'm buying from Tire Rack and it is now between the F1's and Mich A/S and the F1`'s really have an attractive price. Hey TUNA, see ya Tuesday nite.
Jim

I replaced my GS-D3s with another set of D3s in January. I really like those tires. If I had know about the all-weather version I would have bought those. I drive my car year round so I see some cold weather and frost and the all season versions are a lot less than the D3s.

My D3 were relaced with about 32K miles and they could have gone a while longer but I was leaving on a long trip and I wanted fresh tires so I changed them.:thumb

New GY F1 AS are on the ground

I only have about 100 miles on my new GY F1 AS tires but I can tell you they ride extremely quite and smooth compared to the OEM's. I'll report on the handling aspects after a few miles of testing. I selected these tires partially due to price when compared to the Mich AS tires but want to thank everyone for your input. However, I guess I have to invest in a 12v air pump and quick repair kit since the GY are not run flats. Any ideas on one of these???

However, I guess I have to invest in a 12v air pump and quick repair kit since the GY are not run flats. Any ideas on one of these???

I have 3 different 12v compressors - 1 in each car. I just bought them at whatever parts store I was in at the time. The big issues are whether it works and whether it fits into the storage compartment in the back of the car.

As for a quick repair kits, I bought 'tire plugging kits' from Wal-Mart. The ones with the glue soaked cloth strips. I don't use the can 'fix-a-flat' stuff as it will ruin the tire pressure sensors. For nails, screws, etc.; the plugging kits works just fine unless you poke a bigger hole in the tire when you try to use them (some training and practice might be required).

If you get a huge cut in the tire, nothing works anyway.

I'm also sticking with run-flats since I don't want to deal with being stuck on the side of the road waiting for a tow and I don't want that to happen to my wife either.

Been running them for a year. Noise low, traction very good. I have only 245 HP but the cornering is great.

If anyone is looking for an All Season tire for their Vette, the Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position is a very good choice. I recommended them to a co-worker who was considering the Michelin Pilot A/S on his 50th Anniversary Vette. He's quite pleased with them so far. I've now run them on three different vehicles without complaint. The 960AS has good dry handling characteristics and very good winter handling characteristics. It is a very good all around tire. Info for anyone considering a future purchase and is not looking for a max perf summer tire. :thumb

Respectfully submitted.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom