Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! goodyear tires for C4 ?

wayneb661

Corvette
96-c4 /1959-c1
what is every one else doing to try to keep Goodyear eagle F1 on their C4 Vettes? you can get 255/45zr17 for left and right and only 1 side of the 285/40zr17 GS-D3 . And this has been going on for over 1 year. what is everyone else doing in a Goodyear tire? thanks for the help Wayne :):):)

C4 Tires

I recently purchased a set of Conti DW Extreme tires for my 96 LT4 CE. As you mentioned, Goodyear has had supply problems for quite some time. We can't buy something we can't get so i went with the Conti's based on user reviews. Saved some $ too.............................

Goodyear Eagle F1 tires

I recently installed Goodyear Eagle F1's on my 1984 C4. 275/40R17 on American Racing Wheels (Torq Thrust).

Goodyear Eagle F1's on my

062.jpg

I don't think GY is making the Eagle F1 GSC any more. TireRack doesn't even list it now.

The only GY tire TireRack shows is the F1 D3 and they are on back order and may not be available until late this year.

TireRack does have Michelin PS2 tires only in the 275/40/17 size - you'd need to go with 9.5" wide wheels on all 4 corners to use them properly.

Good luck.

I just got BFG G-Force,,, seem to be a good tire,,,

Tires

I just got BFG G-Force,,, seem to be a good tire,,,
Mine had them on it when I bought it last year. It's a cruiser and for that they do well. I don't know how well for drag racing or autocross, but for mine they're fine.

If you do find the Goodyears, don't forget to check the date of manufacture. I would be very cautious, since GY has only made them sporadically for years. God knows what gets lost in the mfr. and distributor's warehouses. Remember when Consumer Reports did an article exposing 7 year old "new tires" coming out of major chains?

Mich. Sport Pilots

I bought 4 MICHELIN Sport Pilots from Sams Club 8 years back costing $1300 - I have them on my 95 coupe which avg 2500 miles a year.
So far great traction, very smooth and quiet on the highway and fronts at 6/32 and rear tires are at 4/32 but still looks great. I have a improvement on gas mileage now averaging 22 mpg combined driving. ( the run flats returned 17 mpg and were the worst high way tires ever)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom