Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Gorgeous TT for Sale

Nice car!!

Mileage is a little high in this current market to get top dollar.

His remarks about top speed and production are a little off.

Good luck to him..............

Re: Nice car!!

Stan A said:
Mileage is a little high in this current market to get top dollar.

His remarks about top speed and production are a little off.

Good luck to him..............

Was the Aerobody available in '88 or do you think it was put on later? Also, does the gap in the hood look suspicious to you?

Aerobody Question

It was not available until the very late months. There is no way that this car came that way.

I noticed the gap too. Could just be an alignment issue.

Mileage still too high to bring descent money in this market.

Stan

anyone else notice the 92 model seats in the car?

Man it sure is a pretty car, could be more of a driver with that mileage, but from what I hear that Aero is really bad for chipping and cracking paint.

Man that is an awesome looking car. I don't think I've ever seen a white aerobody before......

Jay

I don't think the aerobody was available from Callaway until the 1989 model year. They didn't even develop it until 1988 as part of the Sledgehammer program.

That looks like an add on aerobody done independently of Callaway. If it was done by the shop Callaway uses, it would have the black beltline. (Which I think looks better).

Look at the turn signals in the nose - They are clear. This is an indication that this is not an original aerobody which would have the amber lenses. The clear lenses came years later and the ambers are no longer available.

So, it's not an original Aerobody car even though he claims it to be 1 of 100 built with it... I have no idea where he got that number. He must have made it up. There were also 497 original Twin Turbo cars made, not 450. Where did he come up with the 200mph number? Did it just sound like a nice round number?

There has been a white '90 aerobody roadster on Callaway's site forever. It was listed at $46K now $42K. It also has the correct amber lenses for an original aerobody car. it also has the twin intercooler scoops on the hood which I think all "factory" aerobody cars for '90 and '91 got. Non-aerobody cars use ducting on the underside of the hood to route cool air from the nose.

http://callawaycars.com/Carsforsale/downs90.htm

downs90.jpg

interesting car indeed... When I saw the seats w/ the flat dash, I immediately thought "1989 Callaway" as an 88 typo but... when you look up car #89/034, it is a red/tan stock body coupe...
The body was added, as 90callaway said, the clear lens' were the only choice after the last one was sold :D
So what wil the car bring??? I would like to see it sell in the 30++ range, but who knows as even though the aerobody was not correct for model year 88, it dosen't detract from the value as it is a Callaway body.

Lets think about the hood scoop thing...I know that 91's had them as I have seen STOCK body 91's w/ the blisters...
90's... not all have had them that I recall....
I have also seen 2 red (w/ red) TT's from 89 w/ blisters however, neither of those cars were "B2K coded cars (and neither owner was aware of what that meant)
I was also aware of an 88 w/ blisters that was done late in the run (after the fact) and had Callaway decals down the rr 1/4's and had the Callaway Ducktail spoiler on the back (was used for a promotional idea of sorts) ...last seen in VA. back in 96ish...

Thoughts anyone???
:beer *89x2*

*89x2* said:

Lets think about the hood scoop thing...I know that 91's had them as I have seen STOCK body 91's w/ the blisters...
90's... not all have had them that I recall....
I have also seen 2 red (w/ red) TT's from 89 w/ blisters however, neither of those cars were "B2K coded cars (and neither owner was aware of what that meant)

Upon further consideration I'm going to have to agree with you Chris. Not all the '90 aerobody cars came with the hood blisters. They were probably developed for the Speedsters and incorporated into the '91 TTs that came with the aerobody. (And based on what you've seen stock body '91s as well?) Or are at least more common to the '91s. I guess '90s may have been late production or add ons? Anything prior to a '90 would have to be an add-on.

getting very close.....waiting to see what happens on this house deal

Of the 2 89's I saw w/ the "blisters", they were both "direct conversion TT's" and the one was car #89-069 and I would presume the other to be a late # as well... ironically, both cars have seen the lot at a certain Vette dealer in PA.
I have seen a teal (easter egg color) 91 stock body w/ blisters as well as a black 91... now I know the 91 aero cars had them so I am thinking this was all of 91 models then got 'em... Where is Stan A. to confirm all of this....
I may have mentioned this as well but, the 88 w/ the blisters and "ducktail" had been a later "direct conversion as well..."
hope this makes it all, clear as mud :beer *89x2*

b2k it is

I found a really great house at a phenomenal price, the guy who was gonna move it with me might be getting transferred so Im thinking about going ahead and picking up the callaway. There seems to be a conflicting VIN # for 88-090 I got WAY different info from Joanne than what should be, so Im waiting on clarification. I have a feeling Callaway's registry records aren't the best.

She was right on with mine. She knew the one and only prior owner and that's the name I knew.

Upon further consideration I'm going to have to agree with you Chris. Not all the '90 aerobody cars came with the hood blisters. They were probably developed for the Speedsters and incorporated into the '91 TTs that came with the aerobody. (And based on what you've seen stock body '91s as well?) Or are at least more common to the '91s. I guess '90s may have been late production or add ons? Anything prior to a '90 would have to be an add-on.
I will have one of these hoods for sale,soon.
Speedster hood,huh? That might make the price go up. j/k

your hood

Clint, I would leave that hood in place if it were me BUT..........your hood won't work for the TT's b/c of the lack of ducting to intercoolers.

:D:D:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom