Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Got a "new" midyear

Corvette
93 Ruby 40th Anniversary
Well, I sold my LT-1 last month, but instead of buying a ZR-1, I found this too tempting to resist. It has the original 340 hp engine, (heads, carb, starter) a T-10 4-speed, and a 3.70 rear out of a '67. Has had some front end repairs, but looks good. The car is supposed to be Sebring Silver, but it was painted Riverside Red somewhere along the line. It has not been run in about 6 years, so I am going through the fuel system now, and will then tackle the brakes. Here's some pics:

Carpics045.jpg

Carpics048.jpg

Carpics047.jpg

Carpics050.jpg

Congratulations Rich! and welcome to the mid-years. If I can make a suggestion, get a copy of the NCRS JG prior to tearing in to your 63, it may save you some money.

Great Looking Car!

Ray

welcome to the GOOD SHIP MIDYEAR! You can't go wrong....Lots of knowledgable people here (not me)......visit with us often!

Herb

Well, I've actually owned 7 midyears, this is just my 1st split window car. I still have my Nassau Blue '66 coupe, also. I still want to get either a ZR-1 or maybe an LT-4 car, the '66 will probably go up for sale when I get the '63 up and running and the bugs worked out.

Rich

Great choice, amd sweet midyear, midshark. The C2's have always been my favorites. That car is really nice. Congrats! -John

Great looking car! Gotta love those mid years.
I have a question; what does it use for exhaust? I don't see tips coming out of the bezels and I don't see sidepipes on the car. I was just curious, not even being critical...

ZRGator

Although the car has not been run in 6 years, the previous owner had pulled and cleaned the gas tank,(the sender wiring is hanging there if you look) and bought a complete new exhuast system for the car. Only the front sections of the pipe had been installed. That's as far as it got. The rest of the system is scattered throughout my garage right now.

Rich

saopm

Since I got it, it's been a permanant fixture on my hoist! I was just going to go through the fuel system and brakes and get it on the road, but as I started doing things, I kept going deeper and taking more things apart. The fan shroud was the latest thing to come out. One thing seems to lead to another. Just freshening things up so they look better. I am also contemplating taking out the heater core. I am not in a big hurry now to get it on the road as long as I have my '66 to drive.

Rich

MidShark said:
saopm

I kept going deeper and taking more things apart. Rich
uh oh....the dreaded "whileIamAtitItis"........there is no cure, I am sorry......

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom