Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Got Lucky Saturday.

Guy

Proud to Support the Corvette Action Center!
Corvette
2010 CRMT Grand Sport Coupe
Not THAT kind of lucky:D! I took the 82 out for about a 90 mile cruise Saturday before Tom (TJ 82 Vette) came over. Tom arrives and I look at the nice puddle of anit-freeze under my car. I'm thinking blown radiator or something major. Found a small slit in the upper radiator hose. I must have blown the hose JUST as I got home. Gee - the hose is only 20 years old :gap.

:w
Guy

hey Guy

Yup :) you were lucky it didn't happen somewhere remote, they seem to know when to let you know that they need attention. another thrill of owning a Vette.

Chuck :w

Take the hose back to the dealer and complain you only got 20 years out if it. Tell them you want a free replacement hose. haha

I hear what you say about it crapping out in the driveway. It almost makes you feel good that it crapped out to begin with.

Might be a good time to replace all the water hoses and Vac lines while your under there. They have to be dried out if they all were never replaced.

resto75 said:
Take the hose back to the dealer and complain you only got 20 years out if it. Might be a good time to replace all the water hoses and Vac lines while your under there. They have to be dried out if they all were never replaced.

LOL - I hear ya. I'm just going to replace the upper & lower this week to get ready for the weekend. That's all I have time for. Guess it's time to carry a roll of duct tape:D.

Guy

Hey Guy, glad to hear.....

you didn't have to risk winching that black beauty up on a wrecker :( and I know you wouldn't have left her along the road somewhere.

It's better than preventative maintenance when it breaks down in the garage.......you know you got maximum life out of that part :)

Brett :w

I had a similar lucky experience a few years ago with my 86 Vette. My serpentine belt broke, but it was just as I was pulling into my parking spot during FunFest at Mid America. Fortunately I was able to pick up a belt right there at the show, put it on, and was good to go after that :D

Got Lucky

Mine burst a fuel line, inside the tank! Car would not start with ony 10 psi at the rail, and a new pump.

Jim, at Jim's Performance nailed it dead on, from 3500 miles away! And...... he answers his phone!

http://www.jimsperformance.com/

Guy
You brought back a lot of memories of the close calls that others had, mine was a water pump and felt very lucky as I had been touring the back roads just awhile before.:w

Hey Guy.... be sure the belt to the alt is not too close to the upper hose. I skinned mine one time last year running a punk in a Stang one day at lunch. The belt was too close, I didn't know it. Skinned the underside of the hose and surprise......... came out after work and a pretty green puddle. Good thing the Autozone was only a couple blocks away.

Lucky you................. Nut

Thanks for the tip, Nut.

The alt belt is new (week before Carlisle) and tight. The upper hose has a 1 inch split just before the clamp on the engine side. I'll double check when I put the new hose on and make sure nothing rubs and hope to be back on the road again tomorrow. I'm lazy - I like parts delivered to the door:D.

Guy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom