Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

got the C1 body at the body shop.....

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
stopped by at lunch today.....wow, they are about 5/8 through having the whole thing stripped.....they are doing it with media blasting. Just a quick look at it, body will have to be sealed to fill in the pores....finding lots of places that I did not know had previous body work done to it.....looking more and more like a one piece front end is in the cars future. Front end had been whacked. didn't see anything on the frame to indicate it had been hit, but once the paint was off, you can see where work has been done to patch up the glass.

They will have it done today and tomorrow I will get with them to sort out what we are going to do for the repaired areas. Yikes, nothing is ever simple...that is for sure!!!

This was me last week taking the car to the shop....got there and we took the body off. they have since mounted it on a rotisserre for the media blasting and to make it easier to move around the shop. Car sure does look good on the frame....this is certainly a 20 footer but I sure like the way it looks!!!

IMG_2128-vi.jpg

stay tuned.....Herb

Where are the pictures?

We want to see some freshly media blasted nakedness
oh my...can I show that kind of risque on here???? Stay tuned, will have some freshly nakedness to share soon.....

herb,
you'll have to let me know where you took your body for refinishing..I may have that same plan in my near future for the 67..
Are they resonable(there's prob.no such thing) thanks..Jim

Herb,

Even if the front was hit if it was repaired properly I'd stick with original glass if at all possible. Depends on how the repairs were done.

Jim,

You might also stop and see Dale Lause at D&B Corvettes for comparison. He does very nice work and is close by.

herb,
you'll have to let me know where you took your body for refinishing..I may have that same plan in my near future for the 67..
Are they resonable(there's prob.no such thing) thanks..Jim
there is no such thing as reasonable.......

I took it right around the corner from where I work in Amherst. It is not going to be cheap......that I already know. But I want it to come out really nice and sinc eI have never done this type of craftsman stuff before, I have deicded to bite the money bullet!

I will have photos on line tonight of the media blast.....it was $1265 and that included the tax.....they also took the doors and trunk off. removed the hinges for the doors as well as the cowl and blasted them clean too.

Herb,

Even if the front was hit if it was repaired properly I'd stick with original glass if at all possible. Depends on how the repairs were done.

Jim,

You might also stop and see Dale Lause at D&B Corvettes for comparison. He does very nice work and is close by.
photos tonight....but I talked with the body shop head guy, Harry and he was not fighting me on replacing some of the front end pieces....

I think i am narrowing it down to a hood surround as well as the front lower piece that attaches to the hood surround. I really don't want surprises down the road with read through from the amount of work that needs to be done to make these right.

When you see the photos tonight and the comments, I think you will understand my desire to have a solid foundation rather than a patched one. The front of the body had been smacked pretty good....there is a lot of patch on the front end.

Press Molded parts. Use the existing side fender skirts as well as the firewall (it is getting smoothed anyways) and the fender inner skirts. Looks like that will run about $2300 or so....and lead time is 2 to 3 weeks.

Probably will get it from Paragon.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom