Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Got the Vette out today

Victory5

Corvette
2016 Arctic White Stingray convertible
60 degrees in my part of Kansas today, so I was finally able to get the Corvette out. I then spent the evening detailing it. Man, I didn't realize how much I missed it. It had only been 30 days since it was out, but it sure seemed longer.
I envy anyone in a climate that they can drive their Corvette year round and I can sympathize with those that are in snow and cold weather.
Spring will be here soon:D

I'm going out in the garage with a hot cup of joe and look at the "Brothers Blue"...

I went down to put the new Insurance card in the vette the other day, just the smell was driving me nutz...spring !....spring ! when will it be spring :hb

I'm one of those fortunate to be able to drive mine year round and I sympathize with those who can't. I had to leave mine in the shop for nearly a week once and it just about drove me crazy!

I wish an EARLY SPRING for you all. :thumb

:wJane Ann

:thumbhi
still snowing in pa .
can't get vette out until spring.
buying mod's.
and the new vette commercial is driving me nuts.ha ha
it's GREAT.
COME ON SPRING
BILLY

Took ours out yesterday as it was in the 70s here. Below 0 here predicted forTuesday night

Friday it was 75 deg. F in San Antonio! I had the Vette out, top down, Mr. Blue Sky over my head (and on the CD player), wind in my hair, and was lovin' life...! :thumb

Today, I'm back in Kentucky... It was ~32 deg. F this morning, freezing rain, and I was chipping my truck out of an ice cocoon in order to get to work... :ugh

Covered, charger on, won't come out until late April...don't even try to look at her, just kind of not think about it.

We have been lucky in Colorado this year, I've been taking mine to work, except for today, 8 degrees, and blizzard. Mods are done for this season. Still start her up once a week and treat the seats etc. Got to blow all off the tiny rocks off the engine. Where do they come from, Jeez

We have been lucky in Colorado this year, I've been taking mine to work, except for today, 8 degrees, and blizzard. Mods are done for this season. Still start her up once a week and treat the seats etc. Got to blow all off the tiny rocks off the engine. Where do they come from, Jeez

Those little rocks come from what CDOT puts down on the roads in winter. Do you change your tires over to Blizzacks or some other winter tire? The summer compound shouldn't do too well in the Colorado cold.

That's exactly why I don't drive mine very much during the winter. Colorado is windshield hell and from what I understand even with insurance, the C5 windshield replacement is not cheap especially if you have a HUD. Now, that's not to say I NEVER drive it in winter time. I drove this last Friday and Saturday. :)

You kidding, I don't change the tires for winter. Thats TPM hell at 13 yrs. old. I don't drive in snow because of traction, and I don't feel like cleaning the baby off every time I drive either.

You southern guys are lucky, I don't even remember what 75 degrees feels like!

Just came back from 8 days in south Florida.:happyanim: The weather was absolutely gorgeous! 75-85 sunny skies. I was envious to see all the vettes out. :cool!: Can't wait for spring! Maybe I will take it out tomorrow and drive to the beach.:cool!: 45 degrees I can deal with that.:D

Just came back from 8 days in south Florida.:happyanim: The weather was absolutely gorgeous! 75-85 sunny skies. I was envious to see all the vettes out. :cool!: Can't wait for spring! Maybe I will take it out tomorrow and drive to the beach.:cool!: 45 degrees I can deal with that.:D

I drove to the beach yesterday. To my surprise there were many guys with their cars and bikes. 30 miles each way. :cool!: Nice Ride!:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom