Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GPS?

W

whiset

Gps?

Hello All,
I am one of the newbee's, is anyone using GPS? how does it work and what brand is the "best"? My wife and I are enjoying the new corvette and looking at some trips this summer. We picked the Corvette up in Atlanta with the road atlas and mapquest and the first turn we were lost! It did not matter as we had time and a WONDERFULL RIDE so we saw some unexpected country. I would just like to be better prepared next time.

I would recommend the Street Pilot III, I use it and like it. It is portable so you can put it in what ever car your driving. I also bought the remote antenna (small disk that sets on the dash), which allows you to put the display anywhere.

Check out the Garmin web site and/or Ebay.

I would personally recommend the Magellan Meridian Series. It is great! Has a rubber surround piece and I wedge it upright between the dash and winshield while driving. Very easy to see. You can then carry it for hiking, biking, boating, whatever as it's an all purpose GPS. And it floats too!! Good all around GPS. Backlighting is awesome for night driving, just get a cigarette adapter or you'll go thru batteries quick.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom