Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

grand sport stripes

H

hooks

Plan to have my 93 Ruby re-painted next year--was also thinking about adding grand sport stripes & hash marks under the clear coat--anybody done this to a Ruby ? What color would look good? White? Black? What? Anyboby have pictures of one?

Silver would compliment the car well, I think. It would tie in with the 40ths chrome emblems as well.

B17Crew
:w

I think the Ruby is one of the nicest C4's made. If it were me, I wouldn't add anything to take away from its beautiful Ruby Red color!!!

Just my opinion, of course. ;)

Elaine

I think the Ruby is one of the nicest C4's made. If it were me, I wouldn't add anything to take away from its beautiful Ruby Red color!!!

Elaine

Elaine, sorry to steal "hooks" thread on the GS stripe on the ruby red, but I noticed that you have moved up to a C5. I had read several weeks ago that you were selling your GS. Looks like a great ride. BTW, has Robert installed the luggage rack on his ruby red vette? The pics he sent from a recent car show do not show his vette with the rack.

Again, hope you really enjoy the C5.
Barrett

Elaine

I have to agree with GS Diva, I would not change anything on my "Ruby Red" either.
TR:lou

Elaine, sorry to steal "hooks" thread on the GS stripe on the ruby red, but I noticed that you have moved up to a C5. I had read several weeks ago that you were selling your GS. Looks like a great ride. BTW, has Robert installed the luggage rack on his ruby red vette? The pics he sent from a recent car show do not show his vette with the rack.

Again, hope you really enjoy the C5.
Barrett

Rich hasn't installed the luggage rack installed...his mechanic is going to do it very soon, though.

Yes, I did move up to a C6, and it's fantastic!

Elaine

Rich hasn't installed the luggage rack installed...his mechanic is going to do it very soon, though.

Yes, I did move up to a C6, and it's fantastic!

Elaine

Elaine - Sorry I called Rich Robert, I have his name in my address book, just didn't look. Really like the new ride - and you got to keep the plates! Did your GS go to a good home? While the GS's are great corvettes, would you go back to one now that you have the C6?

Barrett.

Plan to have my 93 Ruby re-painted next year--was also thinking about adding grand sport stripes & hash marks under the clear coat--anybody done this to a Ruby ? What color would look good? White? Black? What? Anyboby have pictures of one?

Check out the grand sport registry, they sell GS style stripe kits (decals) for under $250. They have many colors available.

It may be worth it to buy and install them on your car now as a trial to see if you like the look and want them painted on later.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom