Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Great story about Chevy and Dad

Thanks Jesse...

That was a PLUS 10+ :thumb

I almost :cry ... almost ;)

Bud

I was at the Chevrolet media event yesterday afternoon at the LA Auto Show. It was part of the annual two-day LA Auto Show "media days" where all the manufacturers stage "press conferences" for the hundreds of world-wide press which attends. During the media event, Chevrolet had the Youngers and the car present.

First, they ran that commercial on a jumbotron they had set up up on the wall behind the stage. Then they brought Herb Younger, his two sons and the car, a 65 Impala Big-Block four-speed up, on stage with Chris Perry, Chevrolet's VP for Marketing. Perry interviewed Younger and his sons and hearing them talk about the experience of finding the car for their Dad was, clearly, the high point of the media presentation upstaging both the Chevy Spark and the Camaro ZL1 Convertible debuts.

The broadcast version of the commercial is at:
Chevy True Stories | "My Dad's Car" | Chevrolet - YouTube

The extended version is here:
Chevy True Stories | "My Dad's Car" Extended | Chevrolet - YouTube

Also, I thought you might enjoy reading the text of GM's press release:

DETROIT – Herb Younger thought his cherished 1965 Impala SS was out of his life forever when he sold it in the 1980s to pay for his children’s education. Now his car is back with him, an emotional reunion captured on video for all to see.

Chevrolet, keeping with its theme of showcasing authentic moments, created a 60-second TV spot and long-form online version of the real-life homecoming.

Younger bought his Impala new in 1964 and amassed nearly a quarter century of family memories before selling it.

Two decades later, his sons decided to reunite their father with his Impala. After five years of tracking Vehicle Identification Number leads through several states, they finally located their dad’s Impala in Canada and purchased it over the telephone. The car was still in pristine condition.

“It’s not just a car. It’s all the memories and feelings,” said Jared Younger. “It brings all that back.”

To capture the moment when Younger was reunited with his car, Chevrolet and Goodby, Silverstein & Partners conspired with Jared and his brother, Derek, and posed as a film crew documenting three generations of an American family. Little did Herb know, his Impala would come rumbling into view at a park where he was playing with his grandchildren. His recognition was instant. This was not a car like his. This was HIS car.

The commercial can be viewed here, and an extended version here.

“The moment when he realizes his car has come back to him is priceless, and is a prime example of the emotional connection many people have with their Chevys,” said Chris Perry, vice president, Global Chevrolet Marketing and Strategy. “The story is moving because it's true – and there's no better way to prove that Chevy runs deep.”

“‘My Dad's Car’ tells a story that is common among Chevy owners, who tend to confess to carrying a lifetime love of the brand," said Jamie Barrett, executive creative director at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners. “In the case of the Younger family, we got lucky and were able to capture the emotional reunion between Herb Younger and his lost-but-never-forgotten 1965 Impala SS.”

Also Chevrolet released an image of Herb Younger (far left), Chris Perry (left), Younger's sons (right) and the car on stage at the LAIAS.
LAASChevroletReveal.jpg

:thumb Hib

Thanks for the great followup!! :thumb

Bud

I know where my dad's 68 Impala is but there isn't enough left to save... :cry

-Mac

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom