Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Greedy Dealers

Greedy is right!

You know it's a damn shame what the almighty dollar does to car dealers, I ordered my C6 coupe in Mar of 05' and I told all the dealers that that I was dealing with that I was not going to pay sticker much less over sticker, if you recall when the C6 came out they were being sold over sticker also, I went to a dealer in Tomball TX, called Parkway Chevy, they had the 1st C6 I ever saw on the Showroom floor and were asking 15K over sticker, I told the salesman I'd drive a go-kart before I'd pay that kind of money over sticker for any car, I also told him that I didn't exactly see anyone breaking thier door down to buy the car. So I just sat back and waited and when the time was right I went to a GREAT dealer in Houston, called Munday Chevy, got that baby for almost 6K below sticker, I ended up getting it for suppliers cost, so it's up to each dealer how much they want to "SCREW" their customers......so guess what, I'll never buy parts much less a car from Parkway Chevy......

This is a good Z06 story for everybody. I know most of the guys in the parts department of my local Chevy dealer. One day I was talking to one of the guys there and he said that they had a new Z06 on the lot and that I should come over and see it. So, needing to go pick up some stuff I had ordered anyway, I drove over to the dealer. When I got to the dealer, I saw the Z06 sitting inside the service area. I asked my friend if I could go look at it and he said ok. After inspecting the car, I immediately went to look for the window sticker. It did not have a normal window sticker on the car. The sticker that it had looked like something that someone printed up on a dot matrix printer, and the price for this black Z06 was $89,000. After I regained consciousness, I went inside to ask my friend about the car. He said that some guy had bought the car, drove it for 1,000 miles, did not like it, and sold it back to go buy a Ferrari (we have a big Ferrari dealer not too many miles away). I was like, are you kidding me? I could see the $20,000 markup on a brand new, unmolested Z06 being somewhat justified. But on one that was technically used? All that I could say was wow! The scary part is that around here, those cars are selling fast. I saw a yellow Z06 the other weekend and a blue Z06 on the way home Monday night. The interesting thing about this dealership is that they are not marking up regular C6 Corvettes now, but when they first came out you could expect about a $10,000 markup. Now, if I could live in that Z06, I might be able to justify spending $89,000 for it. Oh well, its all about supply and demand. And someone must still be demanding them. :cool

That sticker is called a "bump sticker" in the business. They use them alot in Florida where I used to work and live. Here in Northern Illinois I haven't seen them at the dealerships I worked at.

Donna

The dealer that sold me my 2005 offered a 2007 Z06 for MSRP...good people.

Mine offered me the same deal; but as you can see that was just a line of bull. Anyway I used the cash I was going to put toward the Z06 to pay down my mortgage. Now I am perfectly happy with my Z-51, I could still get 500hp if I upgrade my engine but for now I'm happy with 400hp at the crank- especially with the price of gas in the Chicago area.

Bob McDorman took excellent care of me

Gave a very reasonable price on my C6 and shipped it to me in NJ!

I meet them here online and the rest is history
I highly recommend doing business with these guys!!

We still have several 2006 Corvettes in stock and will match the offer the other dealer gave you. Give me a call if you would like more info.

Thanks,

Casey Root
1-888-207-1865 ext 227
614-560-6619

Norseman said:
Got a call from my sales guy at the Schaumburg dealership in Illinois late last week; he was calling all his coustomers who had ordered Z06's and was telling them the bad news. I had a Z06 on order (along with 14 other people) and was told that if I still wanted it, it would cost me 10 grand more than I had agreed to pay! The salesman apologized and said that it was a management decision and that there was nothing he could do.

That is just blatent bad business.

On the other topic of "market adjustments," I'll be the CAC pin cushion for the day.

Isn't it a dealer's right to charge whatever premium people will pay as much as it is our right to say "I don't want to pay MSRP?" Let's face it...EVERYONE is talking about the C6 Z.

Local dealership sold EVERY 2006 C6 Z at $10k above MSRP. Some locally are charging as high as $25k over, and inventory is ZERO.

With that said, I am delighted GM has provided such an inspiring product, and hope MSRP is adjusted according to demand. GM (not dealerships) deserves to put some money into their account for a rocket ship that gets 26 mpg.

(Originally Posted by JAGSFAN
THATS GREAT WE ONLY HAVE 4 ON OUR LIST AND WE ALSO ONLY CHARGE MSRP FOR A NEW Z06. SO WE CAN GET YOU ONE ALSO. BUT OUR LIST IS A LOT SHORTER. ACTUALLY ONLY 4 ON IT RIGHT NOW. SO CALL ME AND I YOU WILL BE NUMBER 5 ON THE LIST.
And here we have it "The Battle of the Supporting Vender's"!!! It will keep the Prices Down LOW!!)

LOL!!! LOL!!!

That's great!!! Thank for "The Battle of the Supporting Vender's" comment. I don't think I really need to say more.

1stiff84 said:
That is just blatent bad business.

On the other topic of "market adjustments," I'll be the CAC pin cushion for the day.

Isn't it a dealer's right to charge whatever premium people will pay as much as it is our right to say "I don't want to pay MSRP?" Let's face it...EVERYONE is talking about the C6 Z.

Local dealership sold EVERY 2006 C6 Z at $10k above MSRP. Some locally are charging as high as $25k over, and inventory is ZERO.

With that said, I am delighted GM has provided such an inspiring product, and hope MSRP is adjusted according to demand. GM (not dealerships) deserves to put some money into their account for a rocket ship that gets 26 mpg.
You are 100% correct it is his/her right to charge whatever he/she wants for a car/truck, just as it is my right to say "UP YOURS" I'm not gonna pay it, however,PEOPLE DO REMEMBER when car dealers try to take advantage of situations and when that happens "Would you buy from that same dealer"? I live in Houston TX and there are many many many dealers here and in the surrounding areas, so I probably have more of an advantage than the dealer has.....just my 2 cents. They can try to take advantage of me all they want and I welcome it......but I'll just take my money and my business elsewhere and make sure I tell all my friends to do the same........that's the great thing about captilism....

And that my friends hits the nail squarely on the head, I am with you, ditto, ditto, and damn did I say ditto?

They can try to take advantage of me all they want and I welcome it......but I'll just take my money and my business elsewhere and make sure I tell all my friends to do the same........that's the great thing about captilism....

Remo said:
Here's another dealer with a good reputation.
http://www.kerbeck.com/kerbeck/kerbeck.nsf/2006z06
They're selling new Z06's at sticker. Any of you that go to Carlisle - Kerbeck is there every year (they bring more new vettes than GM).. You can sit down and have an intelligent conversation without all the Corvette hype. Their sales people sell more Corvettes than anyone else in the country.

Remo:cool

I bought my Z06 from Kerbeck's (ordered in Nov, 05 and picked up in Feb 06) and paid list price..... BUT, the last I talked to my salesman, he said the management had decided to sell over sticker. He didn't say, but I suspect $10K over. They just can't get enough for the demand, and had no good way to decide about saying "yes" to one customer and "no" to someone else.

Basically I was lucky. I had decided not to pay over list, on principle. But I think I have changed my mind--I can understand someone buying it for more than list--after all, you're only middle-aged once--why wait till you get old, just on principle? That is to say, if the sticker price were $10K higher, and the dealer sold at list, that would be fine, right?

Recently I was talking to another CAC forum member who just bought a Z at $10K over, and his take is right on--don't make it about the money--it should be about the enjoyment.

Gersh

I agree that the car is a steel at list; but that's not the problem; my problem is that I had agreed to list and was told I could purchase it at list; I signed a agreement to that effect! Then after almost 6 months the bastards changed their mind and added another 10 grand. People were paying a extra 10 grand when I was told I could pay list for one; the sales man and the management knew this but still promised me list. Therefore I'll never purchase from them again; because they lied.:mad

Ron

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom