Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Griffin radiator install, and more

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Okay, the first day of vacation amounted to a ton of windshield time. We started the day taking the headers to the welding shop for the O2 bung, then North of here about an hour to a ceramic coating shop. Then to the UPS place to send out some parts. Back to the house and off to the local speed shop to have the upper inlet hose on the radiator aluminum welded into a 90 degree as it was going to interfere with the left mount a/c system. He was out of stock on the 90 degree 1.5" aluminum tube, so back off to the other side of town to get some from another race shop. Shewwwwwwww. We spent like 4 hours in the truck today.

Okay, enough of that. Here is the current install status. Radiator now in. The headers will be back on Wed or Thursday. I will hammer out the other small details between now and then and go for launch on Thursday.

MVC-002S.JPG

Boy thats a tight fit. Either theres not much room between the engine and radiator or thats just the way it appears in the photo.

I am running a long leg water pump on a big block that pushes everything 2" plus into the radiator. So, your observation is correct. Believe me, I was sweating it until I could actually see it drop in there.

Man, that looks sweet. I'm a bright green with envy.

Nice job.

Rick

Chris,

It may seem funny, but after following all of your work over all this time, I think I'm as excited as you are to see this baby on the road. Hope you're going to post lots of pics!!

Ron

Yeah whats up with the pics!

Where the pics chris?

I actually show off your project some gearheads at work. Since that place you had them on before flopped where are you going to post all the pics?

sscam69

Thanks guys.

Well, today is the day if all goes well to hear the engine roar to life for the first time. I have quite a bit to do still this morning and have to read up on the initial computer programmer settings one more time.

Hey sscam69, I lost that one site since they went out of business. I moved everything to a new homepage. If you click on the homepage link in my profile, or even at the bottom of this post in the small print you can go there. Not near as many photos, but if you click on the PHOTO link, I have tried to update the most descriptive photos of certain parts of the project.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom