Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grille Sleeve ?

SatansVette

Corvette
2006 YLW, 2004 YLW & 1985 BLK
To fellow C6 coupe owners, have you notice a black plastic sleeve wrapped around on of the fins on the front grille? Is this factory and if so, what is the purpose of it? I bought my 2006 coupe new and really, can't figure out what it's purpose is.

SatansVette said:
To fellow C6 coupe owners, have you notice a black plastic sleeve wrapped around on of the fins on the front grille? Is this factory and if so, what is the purpose of it? I bought my 2006 coupe new and really, can't figure out what it's purpose is.

Grille sleeve? Dont forget the onions!

How about a picture so we know exactly what you are talking about.

Ya, it's at the dealer getting a scvratch from transit repaired. As soon as I get it back I'll post a picture. If you could look at your grille though and you'll see it, if it's a stock piece anyway.

Nothing like that on either of my C6's.

10dbscd.jpg

This is what my grill looks like. Is this just a factory hatchet job that they let go through

If it's the one on the passenger side, it pop's off and I believe it's for the European models that have to have a front tow hook installed. We discussed this awhile back, the '06 manuals show the part but don't really say what its for....

If it's the one on the passenger side, it pop's off and I believe it's for the European models that have to have a front tow hook installed. We discussed this awhile back, the '06 manuals show the part but don't really say what its for....

So, I take it that some of these got through on the US markets and therefore, considered "factory?" Is there a thread you can point me to where this topic was previously discussed?

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86212

It's one you started I think.....
If you had a European version you would have a tow hook adapter welded to the front impact beam which is visible when you look straight up from where the piece of grille pops out. You can see the impact foam as well that is mounted to the front of the impact beam. I think they are just using one grille for all cars.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86212

It's one you started I think.....
If you had a European version you would have a tow hook adapter welded to the front impact beam which is visible when you look straight up from where the piece of grille pops out. You can see the impact foam as well that is mounted to the front of the impact beam. I think they are just using one grille for all cars.

Well, apparently there are two different grilles as a couple other post's in this thread don't have this type of grill, so, shouldn't GM give me a one piece grill? There appears to be no tow hook and I ain't in Europe!!! ?

Next time I go to the Chevy house I will check with the parts guy about '05 and '06 grilles.....I can't tell if you are agitated, I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, just answer a question. I'm not in Europe either and I'm rarely down on the ground in front of the car looking at the grille.

Next time I go to the Chevy house I will check with the parts guy about '05 and '06 grilles.....I can't tell if you are agitated, I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, just answer a question. I'm not in Europe either and I'm rarely down on the ground in front of the car looking at the grille.

Oh no, not at at all. Not agitated withh you at all... perhaps with GM maybe but definitely not with you!!! I apologize if I conveyed that. That's the problem with typed text I suppose, it is hard to convey any expression with what is typed sometimes. I appreciate your help definitely!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom