Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grinding noise when starting

Ray0214

Corvette
1995 torch red coupe
I have a 1995 corvette, base coupe. When I havent driven the car for a few days, I start it up and quickly hear a grinding sound. It only last a second or so. I can turn it off and restart and no sound. If I drive the car for a few days in a row, no grinding. It only happens when it sets for a couple of days. The sound appears to be coming from the front left. I almost think it might be the headlight door motor, does this sound possible. I unhooked the power to the motor on the left and as yet havent heard the noise, so I reconnected it and still no noise, but I am confident it will come back, it always does. Any suggestions would be appreciated

I have a 1995 corvette, base coupe. When I havent driven the car for a few days, I start it up and quickly hear a grinding sound. It only last a second or so. I can turn it off and restart and no sound. If I drive the car for a few days in a row, no grinding. It only happens when it sets for a couple of days. The sound appears to be coming from the front left. I almost think it might be the headlight door motor, does this sound possible. I unhooked the power to the motor on the left and as yet havent heard the noise, so I reconnected it and still no noise, but I am confident it will come back, it always does. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Could be the electric air injection pump which is located in the left front wheel well housing. The air pump operates for a short period of time when you first start the engine then shuts off. Water can get into the pump and cause rust inside the motor.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom